Search

Cheapest way to get at least 1 Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat

Hey,

I just transfered my miles from my BMI account to the BAEC and tried to book a intraeuropean flight as a Reward Flight Saver.
But it didnīt worked, seems as the transfer dont count as collecting Avios.

Since the Reward Flight Saver is the most interesting option on BA for me and Iīm not planning to fly (a revenue ticket) on any Oneworld airline in the next time, Iīm looking for the cheapest way to collect at least one Avios.

Any tipps?

Thank you!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Valley_MUC
Hey,

I just transfered my miles from my BMI account to the BAEC and tried to book a intraeuropean flight as a Reward Flight Saver.
But it didnīt worked, seems as the transfer dont count as collecting Avios.

Since the Reward Flight Saver is the most interesting option on BA for me and Iīm not planning to fly (a revenue ticket) on any Oneworld airline in the next time, Iīm looking for the cheapest way to collect at least one Avios.

Any tipps?

Thank you!
Do you happen to have any tesco clubcard points?
Minimum transfer is Ģ2.50, but if you have some points already that's effectively free.

Another option would be to buy something from the BA eStore however the points can be slow to show up.

A hotel points or Amex MR transfer would work too, take a look at this page for some ideas.

Good luck

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ting-list.html
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Use the BA eStore (shopping), buy something (that you need). Cheapest would be a track from itunes, etc.
Disadvantage: time to creidt.

transfer something into BA Avios (e.g. hotel points, BAA worldpoints, Tesco CC, Amex MR points,etc).
Couple of days at worst.

Buy 1k Avios from BA, instant. Though certainly not cheap.

Combine My Avios does not acount as activity.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
The OP, according to his profile, is not UK or US based. Is there an e-store equivalent for Germany / Switzerland?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by HilFly
The OP, according to his profile, is not UK or US based. Is there an e-store equivalent for Germany / Switzerland?
Good point, I also note the OP has Accor A-club Platinum (now Le Club), hopefully that means there are some points lying around to convert
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also the ideas in these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...os-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...miles+expiring
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...pire-halp.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...light=expiring
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Thank you Guys!! Iīm one time more amazed how unbelievable kind and helpful almost eveybody in this forum is. ^^^

No Iīm not UK/US-based, but I guess Itunes will work nevertheless.
My Le Club account is unfortunately quite empty at the moment, but Iīve points at some Club Carlson which I can be transfered. Iīm just undicided which of both options I will take.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold

Another sticky needed for this VFAQ
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by HilFly
It doesn't matter where he is based, as long as the selected store (from the UK or US site) ships to his address. Ebay works and usually sellers don't charge an arm and a leg for international shipping. Only problem is it takes about a month to get the miles. I've tried itunes several times, but never got the miles.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
does changing money at travelex still get you avios points?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by jahason
does changing money at travelex still get you avios points?
Yes (and BAA Worldpoints too if you use a BAA airport). Although if you take the buy back offer the avios won't appear until after the end of the month - so if you want them to appear quick don't take the buy back option.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by neuromancer
It doesn't matter where he is based, as long as the selected store (from the UK or US site) ships to his address. Ebay works and usually sellers don't charge an arm and a leg for international shipping. Only problem is it takes about a month to get the miles. I've tried itunes several times, but never got the miles.
Maybe we should have a BA Board Charity Ebay Account - selling virtual items for Ģ1, including shipping.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by MAN Pax
Maybe we should have a BA Board Charity Ebay Account - selling virtual items for Ģ1, including shipping.
make sure those virtual items are cash back earning... ebay has recently only been paying cashback/miles for certain goods (clothing, electronics, etc..)
anyway. You can earn ba miles via ebay in any country (just follow the link and search for the ebay id. - you will even be billed in your own currency).
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Will the, Shell sign up bonus of 50 Avios. Ereward transfers count as earning Avios.

regards
cal

Update Shell signup bonus does qualify you for the "earn 1 avios " Took 4 days to show on BAEC account

Last edited by xcalx; Jul 4, 2012 at 8:19 am Reason: update
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Hmmmm.....

This blocking of reward savers to transfers in from BMI does seem a bit harsh IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.