Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA3 LCY-JFK to lose US preclearance in Shannon [from 28 October 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA3 LCY-JFK to lose US preclearance in Shannon [from 28 October 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:31 am

Very disappointing if this is now confirmed. Shame they can't re-time it to catch the end of pre-clearance at Dublin instead?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
GLA/EDI

There was some talk of pre-clearance facilities going in at GLA and/or EDI. Maybe time for BA to lobby for this to be expedited. I'd think this would suit BA much better than Shannon - not a massive difference in flying times but I'd assume they could get rights to sell spare seats on the domestic leg and also sell Scotland-JFK flights too, and they have staff and a lounge up there already.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by frb98mf
There was some talk of pre-clearance facilities going in at GLA and/or EDI.
Given the dearth of non-stop US services from either airport (a single UA flight to Newark appears to be the only year-round service from each) they would seem to be a strange choice for the first UK port to have US preclearance.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dave_C
Very disappointing if this is now confirmed. Shame they can't re-time it to catch the end of pre-clearance at Dublin instead?
Gives them the excuse to bin the route altogether.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by KenJohn
When did this sudden appear?

More importantly, can I get BA to chance my flight to BA1 as I booked BA3 for the Shannon pre-clearance. It is not a retime but it is a different service to the one I booked. Why put up with the longer flight time and no lounge at LCY when I still have to queue at JFK immigration.

Sorry to set up a new thread but I think the BA3 issue deserves a separate thread as it is a different point
I'm sure the page on ba.com said that US preclearance was not guaranteed and could change at any time.

Still I agree, it was a unique selling point and if there's space on BA1 they should change your booking onto that flight.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by layz
I'm sure the page on ba.com said that US preclearance was not guaranteed and could change at any time.

Still I agree, it was a unique selling point and if there's space on BA1 they should change your booking onto that flight.
I changed my BA3 to BA1 bookings free of charge today. The change fee was waived but I think there was availability in the same fare bucket. I am not sure they would have been so accomodating had it meant a move from I to D for instance.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:36 am

I wonder if BA3 passengers will still have to get off during re-fuelling?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oscietra
I wonder if BA3 passengers will still have to get off during re-fuelling?
As far as I know it's perfectly alright to be on board while refueling takes place. As long as you don't have your seat belt on.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I changed my BA3 to BA1 bookings free of charge today. The change fee was waived but I think there was availability in the same fare bucket. I am not sure they would have been so accomodating had it meant a move from I to D for instance.
What fee? You are a GCH...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Some people buy revenue tickets.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Being a GCH does not exempt from revenue ticket change fees (as opposed to ticketing/servicing fees)
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Some people buy revenue tickets.
Indeed and there was a change fee for my tickets.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by frb98mf
There was some talk of pre-clearance facilities going in at GLA and/or EDI. Maybe time for BA to lobby for this to be expedited. I'd think this would suit BA much better than Shannon - not a massive difference in flying times but I'd assume they could get rights to sell spare seats on the domestic leg and also sell Scotland-JFK flights too, and they have staff and a lounge up there already.
And if BA do then I can see the Beardy one actually fullfilling his promise when BA pulled out of GLA-NY flights....
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by HIDDY
As far as I know it's perfectly alright to be on board while refueling takes place. As long as you don't have your seat belt on.
Yes, no problem with that. And can't be an Airbus problem either as I've been on A320/A321 many times when it was being refuelled.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Indeed and there was a change fee for my tickets.
Sorry, I thought you were talking about the change fee charged for doing it over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.