Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brilliant Baggage Limit in CE!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Wink Brilliant Baggage Limit in CE!

I thought that this might make some smile. My best friend is off to Morocco on a BD/BA 319 tomorrow. He originally booked with BD but now he is pleased that his Tier Points will be enhanced by this move.

He came to check in on line and he was asked how many bags he wished to check in up to a limit of 40. 40 bags!! He actually screen printed the page and sent me a copy. I kid you not, I have seen this with my own eyes - all four of them. (Is this a glitch? )

Yahilwe, SunDance, Mrs Mod and Yours Truly could just about shop up to our baggage limit!

Unfortunately he did not use the Drop Down to see if that showed 40 bags as well. He travels hand baggage only. I have taught him well.

My husband commented that 40 bags sounded more like a BA Long Haul crew bus!!! He thought that he was having lunch today but dazzled by such wit I decided that Catering Strike was well deserved and that posting such trivia on Flyertalk was a far more appropriate use of my time.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds

Yet surely as a Mucci, I am entitled to 40 bags, plus the kitchen sink?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Think your OH is being rather unfair on BA crews Madame Pucci.

The BA crews I saw while staying in a certain hotel in Canada seemed to travel pretty light. Never saw them with more than one case each and relevant bag (handbag, general bag or pilot's case). The Emirates Crew however, who checked out of said hotel, seemed to have bought the entire stock of the luggage store downstairs!. Must have been close to 60 cases between the 10 FAs, 8 for the 3 pilots, plus handbags pilots cases etc.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Lord Muccis are actually entitled to the whole kitchen, not just the sink. A little known fact.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
Lord Muccis are actually entitled to the whole kitchen, not just the sink. A little known fact.
The pantry's off limits then, eh?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy

As long as they matched Darling - and were all from the same exclusive designer then that would be fine.

In your case I am sure that you have had little to do with the kitchen sink for years. That is what you employ servants to stand by.

My OH as my Dear Friend says is not fair. He is black and blue from the hairbrushing I have just given him. Gives tanning a whole new meaning really.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
would love to see the check in agents face if someone actually showed up with 40 bags...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by sschwenk
would love to see the check in agents face if someone actually showed up with 40 bags...
I am sure I remember an episode in the original Airport series where Jeremy (Aeroflot) had a bunch of flight crew with a similarly sized collection. Ditto Peter at El Al.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by sschwenk
Me too...

I wonder what the most someone has checked in previously is? I bet you get some foreign passengers travelling home from London pretty loaded up with stuff they have bought. I recall an African guy being stopped at security with multiple steam irons stuffed in his hand luggage. God only knows what he had in the hold...

When people move abroad I bet there can be many multiples of cases involved too, especially where big corporates are picking up the cost and the individual can't be bothered to ship it on ahead...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Me too...

I wonder what the most someone has checked in previously is? I bet you get some foreign passengers travelling home from London pretty loaded up with stuff they have bought.
Recent weekend trip to Scandinavia.
Explanation had to take some items home (4th suitcase is inside the big one)
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OPebble
I am sure I remember an episode in the original Airport series where Jeremy (Aeroflot) had a bunch of flight crew with a similarly sized collection. Ditto Peter at El Al.
When Michael Palin did Full Circle he checked in 43 pieces for an AS flight from Anchorage to Russia (for 7). The check in girls jaws dropped when he and his film crew showed they were not joking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5o-B...feature=relmfu

(7 minutes in)

Last edited by SpurMan; Jun 22, 2012 at 7:39 am
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SpurMan
When Michael Palin did Full Circle he checked in 43 pieces for an AS flight from Anchorage to Russia (for 7). The check in girls jaws dropped when he and his film crew showed they were not joking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5o-B...feature=relmfu

(7 minutes in)
^
Amazing!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by OPebble
I am sure I remember an episode in the original Airport series where Jeremy (Aeroflot) had a bunch of flight crew with a similarly sized collection.
Yep as I remember it was a cargo crew flying back to Russia, they plied him with model aircraft and other gifts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Recent weekend trip to Scandinavia.
Explanation had to take some items home (4th suitcase is inside the big one)

Lightweight
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:50 am

I wonder what the most someone has checked in previously is?
I think diplomats returning home after an overseas posting probably beat the Arab Sheik and his wives after a shopping trip.

I can't remember how many bags were involved, but I do remember the Excess Baggage total was over £70,000 at Gatwick, when the exotic evening long hauls were there, and the gentleman's embassy staff paid in cash.

Our own diplomatic staff do pretty well too and pitch up with loads and loads of bags - but it's only the taxpayer's money, so what the heck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.