Search

BA 777 F disappointed

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
New F on the 777 is far more pleasant than on the 747

Re the seat, it was wide enough for me. Perhaps you've had one too many of those British meals over the years!
I have a smaller waist than all the flight attendants on that one...
Old May 24, 2012, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by clubman
As someone who has only flown NF on the 777, why?
The seat and high walls feels too large for the cabin it makes the aisles narrow and just feels claustrophobic without the storage space you get on a 777.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:52 am

Whilst BA J is not the best (Singapore always been my favourite) it's far from the worst. For me LH J qualifies as a premium economy (illustrated nicely by them pushing food trolleys down the aisle)
Old May 24, 2012, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by exiled tyke
Whilst BA J is not the best (Singapore always been my favourite) it's far from the worst. For me LH J qualifies as a premium economy (illustrated nicely by them pushing food trolleys down the aisle)
erm, I think they use trolleys in BA CW as well...
Old May 24, 2012, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyGreg
So I flew BA for the first time in a few years recently, JFK-LHR on a 777 in First. AFAIK it was the newest F seat with the fancy lantern and electric window shades.

But I found the seat narrow, awkward to sleep on, and the galley noise a constant annoyance (from row 1). Service was fine, food OK but the usual English make-me-fat diet.

I wouldn't choose row 1 again on the 777, but I am rather surprised they couldn't make room for a wider seat (a la SQ 777 or QF A380). Even United First seems more comfortable. Fortunately I don't need to fly JFK-LHR often.
Agree with you - flew to Tokyo 10 days ago in F on the 777 in 1K.

I actually complained to the head honcho when he came and asked "was everything alright?" at the end of the flight.

"No it wasn't, it was BLOODY NOISY" I said. The whole flight consisted of trolleys etc. being bashed around and the stewards nattering away.

Not impressed!
Old May 24, 2012, 2:52 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by clubman
As someone who has only flown NF on the 777, why?
It just feels so much more spacious, NF on a 747 gave off a very cramped feeling to me.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:55 am

Programs: BA
Useful info - I'm close to booking a F redemption for next summer to JFK - by default I'd always choose a 747, but maybe that's more to do with me normally flying CW.

I think I'd go for the 777 for F (hopefully NF), but maybe choose row 2 or 3.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I recently sat in 1K on the 777. Only lasted ~30 minutes - way too much noise etc from the gallery. Luckily 2K was empty so I moved there, and I'm really glad I did as I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the flight if I'd stayed put. I agree about the F seats. Better than J but a touch too narrow for restful sleeping. Still love it though; NF is a definite improvement on the old tired cabin. Especially the fancy blinds!
Old May 24, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by MilesCollector
Especially the fancy blinds!
Despite flying as a couple with my wife I intend on going for window seats purely for this.........

(might fly home in a central pair though.......)
Old May 24, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I've flown in F on both a 747 and 777 (see my trip reports). Both seats are the same but the cabin environment is completely different. I love the 747 up in the nose!
Old May 24, 2012, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, M&M Senator (thanks FB), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The seat and high walls feels too large for the cabin it makes the aisles narrow and just feels claustrophobic without the storage space you get on a 777.
had exactly the same feeling.
was on a mid seat on both planes, even the space in the 747 near the separator was not enough to put a book.
Old May 24, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by malkie
Useful info - I'm close to booking a F redemption for next summer to JFK - by default I'd always choose a 747, but maybe that's more to do with me normally flying CW.

I think I'd go for the 777 for F (hopefully NF), but maybe choose row 2 or 3.
If its a 300 deffo go for it, worth if for the IFE alone
Old May 24, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I much prefer BA NF to CX F.

The CX F seat is so wide, but it just wasn't comfortable for me especially in the take off and landing position. I was rather underwhelmed by CX F.

I found the BA NF seat very comfortable and wide enough for me, and the ambience/lighting in the BA NF cabin (747 and 777-300) is MUCH nicer than CX F on a 777-300 IMO.
Old May 24, 2012, 4:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by flyGreg
the usual English make-me-fat diet.
Having not flown BA F (yet), I'm curious. Just what is the "usual English make-me-fat diet" ?
Old May 24, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Prem, SQ LT PPS
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Having not flown BA F (yet), I'm curious. Just what is the "usual English make-me-fat diet" ?
'Make me fat diet'?

Is that coming from an American poster by any chance???? I am a bit tired of Americans knocking British food. They fry everything and give you about 4 times more than anybody normal should eat to stay healthy.

I practically live in BA planes and only weigh about 138 lbs.

I would also agree 777 is much nicer to fly on than 747 in First. More space with 2k or 3k being my preferred seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.