Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car hire when booking a BA flight

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Car hire when booking a BA flight

Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but its in association with booking BA flights!!

I've booked a few flights upto ABZ in the next 6 weeks including car. It says Exec members can get a 2nd driver insured for free. I would like to take advantage of this however Mrs ML will not be arriving until the day after i arrive. As such will it still be possible to put her on the insurance even though she wont be present when i collect the car?

Thanks
ML
Old May 17, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
They'll need to see her driving licence.

Can you go back to the rental office next day?
Old May 17, 2012, 6:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Be aware that when booking a cat with your flight you probably won't get any Avios - I never have. And because you don't a rental agreement number you can't claim after the event. Also if you have Preferred status that won't show on a BA booking.
Old May 17, 2012, 7:32 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
If you go to any Avis rental office with your agreement, your wife's driving license, (and your wife) plus your shiny BA card they will happily add Mrs Mountlodge to the booking.

I have done it several times in differing offices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.