Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

problems with upper deck seat pre assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXEC CLUB

hi,
today i made a reservation from blq to jnb and back in cw at the reservation center in italy. the lady that managed my reservation told me that the upper deck seats will be not avaliable for the preassignemnt until 14 days before departure even i am an executive club elite
paying 70 euros i can have only main deck seats.
is it true?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
If you describe yourself as an Exec Club Elite I assume this means you hold Silver or Gold status? If this is true then you should not need to pay at all for seat assignment and the upper deck should be available to you to preselect your seats. If you are a Bronze or Blue member then the information you have been given is correct.

Can you clarify your level in the Exec Club and then we can answer better? Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Let us know your status so that we will be able to work out whether this is correct or not. I'm guessing that you are a Bronze? If you are, the agent is probably correct. If you are a Silver or Gold, the agent is not correct.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: AY Emerald
I'm OW Emerald (Finnair) and was able to pre-select upper deck seat appr. 30days before take off for SEA-LHR route.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Laajo
I'm OW Emerald (Finnair) and was able to pre-select upper deck seat appr. 30days before take off for SEA-LHR route.
In that case seat selection is free - even on the UD.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
quick question for a lowly Bronze... is UD selection free as well for CW booking 7 days out? has never said anywhere explicitly UD is different at t-7, but if its only available at OLCI may as well cough up the 80 GBP now. many thanks--
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by texpat99
quick question for a lowly Bronze... is UD selection free as well for CW booking 7 days out? has never said anywhere explicitly UD is different at t-7, but if its only available at OLCI may as well cough up the 80 GBP now. many thanks--
Bronze can select any CW seat from T-7 days.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by hydargos
hi,
today i made a reservation from blq to jnb and back in cw at the reservation center in italy. the lady that managed my reservation told me that the upper deck seats will be not avaliable for the preassignemnt until 14 days before departure even i am an executive club elite
paying 70 euros i can have only main deck seats.
is it true?
A simple way of checking would be to log into the BAEC and look at the flights on MMB - see what happens when you try and select seats.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:28 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Genius1
Bronze can select any CW seat from T-7 days.
FYI: Official seating policy link:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.