Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CC hotels.....the good, the bad and the ugly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL

I'd be vey interested to know from CC which hotels in various destinations that they stay in they like and also those they really dislike.....does the Excelsior in HK win the prize....
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by hkgerry
I'd be vey interested to know from CC which hotels in various destinations that they stay in they like and also those they really dislike.....does the Excelsior in HK win the prize....
This has been asked before and the reply is always that they will not say which hotels they stay in on a public forum for safety. Lots off odd people on the internet

Now of course people often know as they see them but I doubt you will get a list and for good reason.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Did I ever tell you lot the story of consulting project, the swimming pool, the Millennium Hotel and the Singapore girl?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Hi hkgerry...

BA would prefer us not to mention which hotels we stay in whilst we are away on trips, so I won't.

However, we stay in everything from Holiday Inn hotels, through to Intercontinental and above, it just depends which hotel bids for the contract and gives BA the better deal. There are also a list of things that the hotel must agree to do as part of being awarded the contract, such as location of rooms and a certain level of facilities etc... All of which ensure we have a comfortable and restful stay.

I certainly have my favourites, and on Short Haul, we have a system of Preferential Bidding for destinations we go to, and I certainly bid for cities to go to depending on which hotel we stay in.

Sorry I can't be more specific!

BBB
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Hi hkgerry...

BA would prefer us not to mention which hotels we stay in whilst we are away on trips, so I won't.

However, we stay in everything from Holiday Inn hotels, through to Intercontinental and above, it just depends which hotel bids for the contract and gives BA the better deal. There are also a list of things that the hotel must agree to do as part of being awarded the contract, such as location of rooms and a certain level of facilities etc... All of which ensure we have a comfortable and restful stay.

I certainly have my favourites, and on Short Haul, we have a system of Preferential Bidding for destinations we go to, and I certainly bid for cities to go to depending on which hotel we stay in.

Sorry I can't be more specific!

BBB

Cracking info ^

cs
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
And sometimes they have their own hotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-new-york.html
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AMEX Plat and all that comes with it.
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
And sometimes they have their own hotel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-new-york.html
I happen to know the name of this hotel...and although I don't work for BA I shall also refrain from naming it, but if you heard it you'd kick yourself for it not being obvious...it's a very BA name. ^
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by FLT001
I happen to know the name of this hotel...and although I don't work for BA I shall also refrain from naming it, but if you heard it you'd kick yourself for it not being obvious...it's a very BA name. ^
Indeed! And it is in a great location. And yes, a very appropriate name. Although it can equally be used by another carrier.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

One of the American airlines pilots demanded rooms away from the lifts so they werent disturbed.

Thanks for the info..
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
....and, of course, if there were such a list it would have to be kept up to date since I know, for a fact, that the previous CC hotel in Antigua took themselves off the list due to the 'tone of the establishment being brought down too much'
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Indeed! And it is in a great location. And yes, a very appropriate name. Although it can equally be used by another carrier.
Didn't BA set up a hotel chain together with LH and ??? called Penta? I believe they bought the Pennsylvania in NY. Penta was privatised a few years later if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: found more info: http://www.pentahotels.com/uploads/t...28_1_EN_01.pdf
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by origin
One of the American airlines pilots demanded rooms away from the lifts so they werent disturbed.

Thanks for the info..
Which is already part of our hotel contract. Hotels should NOT allocate us rooms next to lifts, service areas or ice machines so we are able to achieve the required legal amount of undisturbed rest in the time that we are in the hotel. I have requested to have a different room on more than one occasion because it is next to a lift or service area.

The hotel already know they should not be doing it, in the case of BA, so they must correct it when they do allocate such a room.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA silver
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Weird... Half of them are located in small cities in Germany that are not even remotely close to an airport. Not to mention the typos in the list of cities...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Never heard of the Penta hotels!

My favourite chain of hotels is Intercontinental but I can't tell you which Intercontinentals we stay in! They are by far my favourite.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Never heard of the Penta hotels!

My favourite chain of hotels is Intercontinental but I can't tell you which Intercontinentals we stay in! They are by far my favourite.
Same here... It is what swayed me towards Intercontinental properties when I go on holiday too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.