Wiki Posts
Search

To the purser on BA569...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
To the purser on BA569...

To the purser on BA569, Monday evening from Linate...

My word you're good at your job!
You clearly love being crew for no one can fake the levels of warmth and kindness you showed.

At every single interaction with a passenger you managed to find something personal to give... You intuitively knew who wanted to joke (and an extra gin or two left!) and who preferred a more standoffish approach.

With Club back to the exit rows you still managed towels, drinks, top ups, dinner orders, bread, top ups.... Etc... People that had finished did not need to wait for trays to be cleared... Those of us that were lingering over dinner where plied with further bottles of wine. Everything was done when the passenger wanted or needed it... Descent started but the service continued (my god I almost drowned in Baileys!).. I never once had to ask for anything because you always offered first!

Watching you manage the cabin was a delight... And your colleague was equally as impressive!

A well done has been sent to BA... AnD if I ever work out how to link photos I might do a trip report... But you deserve special mention... I was seriously very impressed... And staggered into T5C with a very satisfied grin!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
How lovely to read... ^

Some of us do really try on Short Haul.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
How delightful to read! Wish all crews on my flights were like this.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Wish all crews on my flights were like this.
I don't....I don't like Baileys.

Sounds like you had a great Purser. ^
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BBB you often meet real stars on Eurofleet but I think it's easier for those crews on Worldwide to 'show off' with the enhanced sevice that's on those services.

I do love CE when the abandon the trolleys and do everything by hand.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Wish all crews on my flights were like this.
Me too... had a great MF purser (well, whatever they are called) in CE the other day on TLS-LHR - very much as the OP describes but come LHR-SIN-SYD just after in CW the story was different. Perfectly run of the mill service, neither friendly nor unfriendly but crucially, no sign of the CSD and her ipad on either of these long sectors.

What a missed opportunity to give top tier BAEC members a welcome back.

I think it's amazing that we hear on FT that this is now supposed to be part of the routine - or at the very least encouraged - and yet so many CSDs just can't be bothered!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Some SH pursers really are fantastic. I've been amazed to see the level of personalised service some are able to deliver on extremely short flights like LHR-AMS in packed CE cabins.

Sounds like you got one of the really great 'uns. Please send a well done via ba.com to recognise their brilliance!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How great to hear and what a wonderful write up!

Please do write a TR Gumbieben, it sounds like it would be a great read!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:42 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
What a delightful read - and so heartening. There are days when I really think that we can please nobody and here you have someone who gives of themselves and no one can ask more than that. We cannot instil this in any training School as this sort of service comes from the heart. It sounds as though you had an absolute star - and you are a :-: as well for writing to BA and telling them.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Gumbieben,

Make sure you contact BA to let me know! I am sure it will do good when the manager and purser reads it! Hopefully it will set a new standard

/AE
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Gumbieben,

Make sure you contact BA to let me know! I am sure it will do good when the manager and purser reads it! Hopefully it will set a new standard

/AE
Read the last sentence of the OP!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by OPebble
Read the last sentence of the OP!
I think I need to go back to school on how to read again!

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.