Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade price offered is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stifle
I didn't know they offered two-class upgrades in MMB.
Looks like I was wrong then?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
I thought only 1-class upgrades were available, but I was definitely in 33D and am now in 14K
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi
It was actually the day flight i was more interested in. Not too bothered about the night flight as i wouldnt get that much sleep never do. I thought the day flight i could enjoy the bar and atmosphere!
To be honest, I don't really find that the CW cabin has a particularly good 'atmosphere'. Upper deck is smaller and less dormitory-like, but the atmosphere is not what I would personally pay for. What I do pay for is the bed or a quiet and private place to work (aka window seat), whichever the case may be at the time. If you want the atmosphere, you'll need to pay for F!

I am in a permanent state of sleep deprivation due to excessive work and play, and I appreciate the bed regardless of the time of day.

Only you can make the decision about the value of upgrading though. If you want nicer food, and have the 'pair seats' in the middle (which are cosy and nice for a couple, too cosy for a solo-traveller to be stuck with a stranger next to one), then you could go for it, as long as you do not feel deprived of an opportunity to spend the money on something else, like another BA flight to somewhere.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Kevlondon
I thought only 1-class upgrades were available, but I was definitely in 33D and am now in 14K
Sometimes it's best not to question. This is definitely one of those times
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Chris C
Of course, yes. I was thinking that 499 for WT to CW would be worth it but not from WT+, But it's a moot point anyway...
Yeah i agree im still waiting for nearer the day...its still too early yet for me to be offered anything slightly cheaper...if it is i might take them up!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
MMB now shows upgarde as £499 each person each way...so £1996 for the pair of us. I thought i read that it could be as low as £399 each return if were lucky enough at OLCI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.