Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I upgrade from WTP to First?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Bronze | DELTA Skymiles | EK Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&More
Can I upgrade from WTP to First?

I would like to upgrade one flight segment from WTP to First, but I haven't seen any info on how to do it or if it is even possible. How much miles would it require to upgrade AMS-PVG to First (and Club Europe) from WTP?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by EK flyer
I would like to upgrade one flight segment from WTP to First, but I haven't seen any info on how to do it or if it is even possible. How much miles would it require to upgrade AMS-PVG to First (and Club Europe) from WTP?

Thanks in advance.
Miles upgrades are one class. So only from WT+ to Club. You would need to buy a Club ticket to use miles to upgrade to First.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:33 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by EK flyer

Thanks in advance.

It's only possible to upgrade one class with miles. The only way of doing it would be to upgrade with miles (assuming reward availablity and then paying for an upgrade at the airport if its available on your flight
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: BA
You can pay for a double upgrade at some outstations. I have done it at SEA.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
I think the OP means with miles, and I don't recall anyone ever managing a double-upgrade that way.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
How do they access your EC account from the airport? I've tried upgrading through Hong Kong exec club account only to be told that only UK exec club can access my account. But if there is a way to spend your miles at the airport I would love to hear it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:12 am

Airport upgrades are paid for with cash, not miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.