Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA (Automobile Association) offering short breaks in Europe with free upgrade to CE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA (Automobile Association) offering short breaks in Europe with free upgrade to CE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?

But I can't find the fare class to see what, if any, points and miles would be awarded. I'm guessing at best only ET levels, but some of the prices are nice, so if (for some reason) the fare class was earning, might be a nice way to get TPs if you are lacking.

http://www.aagetaways.co.uk/british-...s-free-upgrade

Last edited by Jenbel; Mar 1, 2012 at 9:08 am
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Before clicking the provided link, I was confused, as AA to me is an airline company, normally not offering European getaways with BA.

AA also is an organisation, which I have neither plans nor needs to join.

Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Yes, immediately after hitting 'post' I realised it was not a clear title, and I've asked the mods to amend.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
you sure as hell can tell they are not a hotel organisation
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:47 am

This looks the same as the deal that The Times was pushing a few weeks ago, so perhaps they were using Acromas (the tour operator behind this) too.

A random search again suggests that this may not be a promo for savvy FTers though .

Taking a 5 night stay at The Rock in Gibraltar as an example, out on 22/6 and back on 27/6, the AA price is £599pp including a free upgrade to Club Europe.

Precisely the same trip, booked on ba.com with Club Europe flights selected from the outset is..... £512pp.

There's nothing to suggest that the AA package wouldn't attract full Avios and TPs, but the BA package definitely does. And, if you're logged in to your EC account when you make a ba.com booking, then you'll earn bonus Avios for buying a package, and up to 3 Avios/£ if you use a BA AmEx Prem Plus card.

There may of course be examples of the AA being cheaper, but as always it pays to check......
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by continentalclub
This looks the same as the deal that The Times was pushing a few weeks ago, so perhaps they were using Acromas (the tour operator behind this) too.
You may well be right. Acromas is the holding company behind the Automobile Association, and Saga as well.

How did the alternative spelling ('Automibile') get into the thread title?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:03 am
Original Poster

You'd have to ask the mods about that

I edited the first post with the correct spelling. That's all I'm saying!

And good point continentalclub.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 4:35 pm

I looked at Gib on ba holidays but it never comes up with The Rock hotel. Thought about trying that particular establishment as I've tried most others and fancy a room with a view over the bay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.