Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelling and then reapplying for BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Cancelling and then reapplying for BAEC

I'm new and have done a search, but could not find an answer to this. Apologies if there is a better place to ask.

In the "youngest BAEC member" thread, some were advising the proud papa to cancel his newborn's account and reapply closer to the little one's flight in 6 months, so as to have a longer time to earn TPs. This got me to wondering if I should do the same for myself.

Last year I was planning a trip and joined BAEC, but didn't end up flying BA. As such, I am a BAEC member with 0 Avios and 0 TP, with my membership expiring in September. Currently I have two booked flights in March with my BAEC number attached.

I'm not a frequent flyer like most here are; typically I fly RT from ORD to LHR twice a year, but there's always a chance I might fly more. But if my TPs expire in September, I'll lose the points from my upcoming trip, and every point is precious to me.

The idea of canceling the account and reapplying is tempting, but I don't want to screw up my current booking and end up without anything at all.

Any help or advice is welcome. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Good question ill be interested to know the verdict!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
This should be very easy to do. Mrs Fruitcake did it a few years ago now to avoid her end of TP year being in the summer, so we could get a whole load of August flights in the same TP year.

At the time, she had very few BA points (as they were) so we lost little in our household account. You stand to lose nothing at all. You should able to put your currently booked flights on your new account - Mrs F did.

Good luck! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.