Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW: Likelihood of Getting Catering Choice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

CW: Likelihood of Getting Catering Choice?

I've got my first trip in CW coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm pretty excited. One question: what is the likelihood of getting my first choice for in-flight catering? In a flight on AA in J recently the only breakfast "option" left to me by the time they got to my seat was cold cereal...not exactly what I was hoping for. =)

--TWH
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by pequalsmd
I've got my first trip in CW coming up in a couple weeks, and I'm pretty excited. One question: what is the likelihood of getting my first choice for in-flight catering? In a flight on AA in J recently the only breakfast "option" left to me by the time they got to my seat was cold cereal...not exactly what I was hoping for. =)

--TWH
They probably did you a favour
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels

--TWH
Either earn yourself a gold card and/or sit yourself as far forward in the cabin as possible. They are supposed to take orders from the front to the back, but you can be outbid by Golds/Silvers. BA does usually have a fair selection ( usually 2 starters, 4 mains ) plus you could also look at a special meal option if there is something that's really worrying you.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
When we were Blue we never failed to get our choice in CW. In fact, the only time it went a bit questionable was on our first CW trip as Silver ... which the CC recovered for us very nicely [and possibly lost their choices in the process].

You will never run out of BA breakfast or tea on a TATL - nobody wants to eat it!! The CC can always assemble a fresh one from the unopened leftovers
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Either earn yourself a gold card
Sadly this doesn't always work
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue

--TWH
I've never not got my first choice in J(have in F with just 3 in the cabin once though!), I have never had any breakfast on board though, so can't comment on that, from what I've seen, I think most skip breakfast to get more sleep
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
On my most recent JFK-LHR on the morning flight, as a humble blue card holder, I did get my upper deck seat on the 747-400 (and there were at least 6 empty seats up there) but I didn't get my first choice of catering (the breakfast) I asked if I could have brunch a bit later as the option was lamb chops or similar..... to the cabin crew's credit, they did serve me last so it was almost 11:30am when I got it.....
One of the posters on the forum, who is cabin crew, recently posted that BA flights are catered to 100% so if that would suggest to me that every body will get a meal but highly unlikely that everyone will get their first choice every time!
Why not order a special meal.?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
One of the posters on the forum, who is cabin crew, recently posted that BA flights are catered to 100%
I recall a few years ago that CW was reduced from 140% to 120%. Catering to 100% would literally mean that the last person to choose had no choice at all, and there was no flexibility, for example to make amends for an unacceptable starter by offering two mains - which has certainly happened to me on occasion.

But aren't W pax allowed a CW dish these days? Maybe they're the ones with no choice - which doesn't seem so bad really.

It's been quite a while since I was a Blue I suppose but I can honestly say in many CW flights I think I only failed to get my first choice once and that was an accident - rectified in various ways including bringing me some food from F.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Cabin crew get whatever meals are left over from CW so that should increase the likelihood of getting one's choice.

Is that the same for all crews? WW, LGW & MF?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.