Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA165 LHR-TLV: Anyone know why the long delay this morning?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA165 LHR-TLV: Anyone know why the long delay this morning?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
I assume EU compensation thing is valid in these circumstances?
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by clubman
I assume EU compensation thing is valid in these circumstances?
If my seat is downgraded? I think I remember somewhere there was a big discussion and the result was that it is not. You paid for J, you get J, they didn't promise a specific seat.

Monetary compensation aside, I was hoping to sleep well on the overnight flight, a few avios doesn't really mean much...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you were in F you get a 75% refund. And if downgraded from W to Y, the same.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by stifle
If you were in F you get a 75% refund. And if downgraded from W to Y, the same.
We were speaking about a seat downgrade, not a class of service downgrade. However, I stand corrected. I just went and checked.

1) It is a SH a/c tonight
2) There is indeed compensation, but I'd rather the sleep... ho hum
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: ABBA
Personally I consider W to CE a downgrade, for those on the horrible overnight expecting at least a bed for 4 hours it must be hell -- I did the route last week in W, didn't get a wink of sleep thanks to some excitable yanks in the row behind having lost their glasses -- kept half the cabin awake for 90 minutes in a fruitless attempt to find them.

Soon as the main lights came on at 02:20AM GMT, they were spotted.

A nice 12:00 departure from Heathrow would be lovely on that route. The day flight is a little too early (especially as unable to it from MAN), and the day return flight is too late to get the last MAN shuttle, so a TLV trip is now a horrible experience for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.