Search

Question for Nicci

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Question for Nicci

Hello Nicci

After this exchange in September from the Changes coming to the Executive Club: Q&A thread that I have posted below, I moved some miles into an Iberia Plus account so that I could then move them to my BAEC account.
Originally Posted by HilFly
Nicci

Do you know if there is going to be a charge for transferring IB+ Avios to a BAEC account? If there is, do you know how much it is going to be?

Do you know if there will be a limit on the number of Avios that can me transferred?

Thank you!
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi Hilfly

There will be no charge or limit if you choose to Combine your Avios

Best regards

Nicci
Originally Posted by HilFly
Thank you, Nicci!

One more question has occurred to me.

Is the transfer of BA Avios, Airmiles Avios and IB+ Avios a one off deal when the changes happen or will we be able to transfer miles on an ongoig basis?
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi there

You can combine your Avios on an ongoing basis and it will be realtime transfers.

I do know there is a current bug with some Air Miles bookings earning BA Miles and Tier Points - this will not continue after the changes.

Best regards

Nicci

As my BAEC account is a household account I am not able to do this. I am not seeing any option on my Iberia Plus account to combine my avios so I assume that moving them to an avios.com account is not an option for US BAEC members.

Is there anyway to transfer avios from an Iberia Plus account to an account which is part of a BA Household account?

If the answer is no, is there anyway that an account can be temporarily unplugged from a HHA and reconnected immediately after the transfer takes place?

Thank you!

Last edited by HilFly; Feb 10, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: MUCCI
EDIT TO POST: Ignore - jump to HilFly below.

T&C spell out the problem.

Last edited by David-A; Feb 10, 2012 at 7:13 pm Reason: Error in info.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by David-A
I very much doubt this is what the problem is. BAEC household accounts are just a grouping of individual accounts, where each member still has their own separate balance (the household balance is just an expression of the total of all the pot making it up).

As such, all BAEC accounts (regardless of whether part of a HHA) should be fully compatible with 'combine my Avios' functionality as members have individual pots.

[A household account in the separate Avios.com scheme (previosuly known as Airmiles.co.uk) works very differently, it is a single pot. As such, there are issues with household accounts in this scheme and 'combine my Avios']

The wholy separate Avios.com scheme is currenlty only open to people with a UK address. It is one of the three schemes that have switched to using the Avios currency, however you do not need to have an Avios.com account.
And you do not need to have an Avios.com account to do 'combine your Avios' transfers either.

There should be no problem, so long as the account belongs to the same person and the details match.

How old is your Iberia Plus account? - I recall there is a limitation in IB+ that they can not do 'combine my Avios' for the first X period. But I can't recal if X is 60 days, or 6 months, etc.

If you can not find the section in IB+, why not try pulling them in from BAEC:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_us

My thoughts, but I've not tried combine my avios with an IB account yet myself.
Thanks for your help, David-A.

There is a restriction on transferring miles from an Iberia Plus account into a BAEC Household Account, highlighted in the T&Cs below. Unfortunately, I moved my miles before I had access to the T&Cs.

I do have a home in the UK so I could open an avios.com account but I don't know if I would then be able to transfer from that to my US BAEC account, even if I could transfer them from Iberia Plus to avios.com!

This is much more complicated than I thought it was going to be!

Combine my Avios - Terms and Conditions

'Combine my Avios' allows you to redeem Avios held under one of the Iberia Plus, British Airways Executive Club or Avios Schemes (the “Programmes”) and to be issued with an equivalent number of Avios under one of the other Programmes.

'Combine my Avios' is hosted by The Mileage Company Limited.

1. Once Avios have been transferred to a Programme they are subject to the Terms and Conditions of that Programmes as applicable at the date of transfer. In the event of any dispute as to the entitlement to the Avios Points originally issued to a Member the Terms and Conditions of the Scheme under which Avios Points were issued shall apply.

2. A Member may only move Avios between accounts under the following conditions:

•The Member must be 18 years or over, have an active account and not be under audit.
•The accounts must be registered to the same individual under each of the Programmes.
•Members must ensure both Programmes are holding accurate and up to date Member details including a valid date of birth and email address to assist with validation. For example, in the event of a change of name use of 'Combine my Avios' will be refused until both Programmes have received proof of the change.

3. Members of a Household Account under the Programmes may not use 'Combine my Avios' other than (a) from a British Airways Executive Club Household Account to an individual account under the Avios Programme or the Iberia Plus Programme and (b) from the individual account under the Avios Programme to a Household Account under the British Airways Executive Programme. Any other Household account transaction will not be permitted under Combine my Avios.

4. Avios can be moved between Programmes using 'Combine my Avios' online or if this service is unavailable by calling your local customer service centre. In order to move Avios using 'Combine my Avios', you will be required to answer security questions in relation to your Membership of each Programme. Should you not satisfy the authentication checks we reserve the right to deny access to the 'Combine my Avios' facility.

5. By using 'Combine my Avios' you authorise that your Personal Data will be passed between the Programmes and the companies operating the Programmes in order to fulfil and track the transaction and in relation to any need to subsequently audit the transaction. The policy on data protection of each Programme is available in the relevant Terms and Conditions.

6. Only the Member may request to transfer Avios using 'Combine my Avios'. Members should not share Membership numbers and passwords in order to allow an unauthorised third party to use 'Combine my Avios'. We cannot be held responsible for any fraudulent use of Avios in the event of the Member allowing a third party access to his or her account.

7. There is no limit to the number of Avios that a Member may move.

8. 'Combine my Avios' can not be used to transfer to or from the Iberia Plus Programme within 90 days of joining the Iberia Plus Programme.

9. Avios Points transferred using 'Combine my Avios' cannot be used by members of the Avios Scheme for bookings where taxes, fees and charges are included in the Avios Points booking price.

10. Avios moved using 'Combine my Avios' will usually be shown against the specified account immediately and will usually be available for use immediately. However occasionally the transaction may take longer to show and until shown the Avios; will not be available for use. You will receive an email from each Programme to the registered email address to confirm you have initiated the transfer of your Avios; from one Programme to another Programme.

11. Moving Avios using 'Combine my Avios' will not count as earning or redeeming Avios; and will not prevent the expiry of your Avios balance under the Programmes Terms and Conditions.

12. We reserve the right to stop, suspend or limit 'Combine my Avios' at any time without notice.; We may refuse to allow use of 'Combine my Avios' by any Member in relation to any or all transactions at our discretion.

13. We reserve the right to change the 'Combine my Avios' Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:48 pm

Programs: MUCCI
I can see no logical basis for preventing transfers from IB+ individual accounts into BAEC accounts that are part of a household.

Espeically since, if the household was disbanded and reformed, the limitation could be worked around.
Equally, if you had a Avios.com account (individual), you could easily route via there and be perefectly compliant with the T&C. IB+ > Avios.com > BAEC(HHA member)

For want of a better term, this sounds like 'protectionism' of aspects of the IB+ scheme against its members interests.

As such, I would love to hear Niccis explanation (if she is able to obtain one) as to why this is the case. It is almost as if they don't truely believe in combine my avios. [Avios.com HHA are more of a logical issue.]
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Thanks, I will add this to the Avios.com FAQ once I figure out how to explain that clause in simple terms that people can actually understand

Bu&&er it, my head hurts, i just copied/pasted from the T+C's.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Feb 11, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.