Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spending Avios Points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Spending Avios Points

I am trying to book a return flight to BKK next year.

I spoke to BA customer service yesterday. I been looking on the BA web site just to get ideas of prices for next year. The flights are on the system for January but nothing for February. But even looking at January there are no premium economy airmile seats available for the whole of the month.

Say we wanted to fly to BKK on 10th Feb 2013 and return 3rd March 2013 does anyone know when will the flights be available to book? And how do I get to book premium economy seats using my airmiles?

BA said that there are only a certain number of airmile seats available for the flight and they get booked up really quick, but saying that how do they get booked up? Other people must be the doing the same as me and looking at the website daily. I know I am going to have to wait for the return date is showing to book both flights.

I am getting quite frustrated and the chap I spoke to yesterday was as helpful as!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Flights and seats (including but not always redemption seats) are loaded c.355 days out, so the options are to book your flights as 2 x 1-way sectors; or alternatively, you can book a return ticket with whatever dates / flights are currently available (thus securing your outbound dates), and "simply" keep checking for return availability on a day-by-day basis until the seats are loaded for your return journey, whereupon you can change your existing ticket dates.

The problem is, there is no way of guaranteeing when (or indeed if) sufficient seats will be made available for redemption on the flights that you require; similarly, like all good quiz shows and OLCI, the rule of fastest finger first applies, and even if the seats are made available, if you don't happen to check on that day/ at that time, you could miss them !

Good luck ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.