Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

IB Flight operated by BA - advance seat booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

I've booked economy seats on IB4657 LHR to Washington Dulles. Flight is operated by BA as BA 0293.

I've tried online and by phone to BA and Iberia to reserve seats, but told this is not possible - can only do it when turn up at Heathrow.

I am BA silver card holder but this seems to count for nothing.

Will I be able to reserve seats 24 hours in advance online via BA website? BA and Iberia seemed to imply not.

I've seen comments about trying to reserve seats via finnair.com - just tried this but couldn't reserve seats.

I understand that there is no twilight book in at LHR either.

At present, it seems that the best I can do is turn up 3 hours before flight to reserve seats at check in. Is there anything I can do to reserve seats earlier than 3 hours before flight?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:31 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Jaffa, welcome to FlyerTalk! Please follow the thread as it moves to the dedicated forum for BA. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:13 am

There's some guidance on the Iberia forum:

pre-seat seat selection for Iberia codeshared flight
BA.com sends you to Iberia.com as it is an Iberia operated flight, however Iberia.com will not let you select a seat as it tells you the ticket was bought on BA.com.

One answer is to call up Iberia.com and ask them to select a seat for you, this will not be an emergency exit row seat and will not be held either when OLCI opens up.

Another way to select seats online is to use www.finnair.com (thanks Hiddy/Flyupnorth). This again is not guaranteed once OLCI opens up, it also does not take into account status and let you select the first row or the emergency exit seats.

Seat selection on Iberia.com therefore is a "wish" only and is not a guarantee once OLCI opens up.

Guide to flying Iberia

It seems you're stuffed..!

Palmer
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Isn't the OP's query the other way around? Flying on a BA-operated flight, but on the IB code.

I have no experience or insight, but I just wonder whether this is (like for some other codeshare seating problems) a question of finding the "operating" BA locator/reference in order to select seats.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Try to go through manage my booking on the BA website with whatever record locator you have. If it doesn't work, choose the option that you booked recently with a travel agent and it will give you an option to search by name and other details. That should discover your BA record locator.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
The PNR you might have is probably the Iberia PNR. Ring Iberia and ask them to give you the BA PNR, or ring BA and ask them to retrieve your PNR on BA293.

You need to go into MMB using the BA PNR. Once you are in it, should be able to select your seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.