Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could BA be set to return to IRAQ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by pauldb
The Coalition Provisional Authority was disbanded in 2004. Old headline I think!
Originally Posted by Dan72
Exactly! This is v old reporting, the CPA is long gone.

I think if they do operate to Iraq, I think BGW is Baghdad. Then it's most likely to be a shuttle added to a KWI or ex-bmi Levant service. The KWI route used to be busy with military contractors, but that work is slowing down in Iraq, so a shuttle, as much as BA appear to hate them, might work.

Sorry..................

Just reporting/reposting what is being reported elsewhere

cs
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:04 am

I do believe that bmi were granted the route authority for Baghdad a while back. So maybe another destination to spend your Avios soon
Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Don't know about AMM demand, but MEA's daily BEY-BGW A321 is almost 100% full all the time. Same goes for their 6x/week EBL flight.

So if they could get 5th freedom on LHR-BEY-BGW/EBL/BSR I guess it would be very good for them too!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by BA6501
Don't know about AMM demand, but MEA's daily BEY-BGW A321 is almost 100% full all the time. Same goes for their 6x/week EBL flight.

So if they could get 5th freedom on LHR-BEY-BGW/EBL/BSR I guess it would be very good for them too!
Ahhh...but how is the yield?
That is the question.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I must admit, I would quite like to go to Iraq.

I hear from others that these days it is not necessarily more unsafe than anywhere else in the world.

A tag to KWI would make sense. BA can then get a presence and build market share for the long run.

Strong air links would also of course benefit the Iraqis, whose economic interests should be a priority for the UK so that they can act as a counterweight to Iran. (With apologies to any Iranians viewing this thread. I realise that the people of Iran do not necessarily hold the same views as the government)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.