Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are queues least worst - T3 or 5?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Where are queues least worst - T3 or 5?

Hi all

Have a day trip to Madrid next week and have the choice of BA or Iberia. Which terminal at Heathrow is likely to have least problems in terms of queues at immigration?

I'll be leaving at about 7am and should be back 8 - 9pm. I'd marginally prefer Iberia as I'd have lounge access at T3 thanks to PP.

Also any preference in Madrid between arriving/departing from T4 and T4S (if there is a difference?)

Cheers
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

At Madrid from T4 ( where IB arrive/leave from) once you exit baggage reclaim/customs you are in the main terminal for ground transportation.

At T4S ( BA) you need to get a shuttle train to the main terminal.

I think there is a PP lounge in T4 ( close to the IB lounge)

The downside with IB y is pay for all food and drink on board ( BA offers a free drink and a snack-maybe a small roll for breakfast)

In terms of clearing security at that time ( say 530 to 6am) it should similar between T5 and T3

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Personally I prefer T5 at LHR and T4S at MAD. T4S is used by non-Schengen flights whereas T4 is all Schengen plus Spain internal so is a lot busier.

The Lounge in T4S (Sala Velasquez) is a real haven - very big and quiet with a good view over the runway. The T4 lounge is up in the roof and open to all the noise from the terminal and no outside view.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Thanks for the quick replies!

Any experience comparing the queues at T3 or T5 coming home in the evening?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
Thanks for the quick replies!

Any experience comparing the queues at T3 or T5 coming home in the evening?
I find it to be pot luck with what other flights are arriving. "Pot luck" as in if there is a delayed or early long haul flight, the queues can be pretty bad, particularly foe the non-EU ones. You could try the ePassport gate if you are an EU passport holder.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA GOLD, Tufty Club, Virgin Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, ICH Platinum Ambassador. MAS Gold
Apart from the Iberia/BA preferences do keep in mind that there is currently a dispute between Iberia and their pilots which has resulted in strikes each week.

I personally would fly with BA rather than risk getting caught in any strike action.

Regards,

G-BPED
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
T5 is preferably for arrivals (as it is for everything) as it's a nicer terminal. Queue-wise, immigration will be similar in both terminals.

I wouldn't travel IB in Y - one has to pay for everything (including water). Which means it's basically a low cost carrier
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Genius1

I wouldn't travel IB in Y - one has to pay for everything (including water). Which means it's basically a low cost carrier
I had no idea. That's good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.