Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is this possible? [two passengers with differing itineraries in one booking]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)

I wondered if the knowledge of FT would be able to tell me if this is possible:

For example, I am looking to book a long haul from LHR for two (MFU from WT+ to CW), however one needs to connect to LHR from MAN.

So one person needs MAN-LHR-xxx and the other just needs LHR-xxx

The person needing just LHR-xxx is Blue and therefore I want to book it using my account (Silver) so we can pre-select the seats etc. I would also like to ensure that the MAN-LHR legs earn 20TP as they do when combined with LH CW journey.

If I were to phone the Silver line, would they be able to do this or does it have to be a separate booking?

Thanks in advance.

NV
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:19 am

Has to be a separate booking.

I am in this situation when I travel with a friend - me from MAN and my friend from GLA.

We just meet at LHR after booking separate domestic sectors. At check in for both of us (at GLA and MAN) we can check our luggage through to our long haul flight.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

So you have to book separate domestic connections?

How do you get around the seat selection and I assume you just forgoe the lost TPs for the domestic?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:55 am

Yes, I book separate domestic connections, for example:

Ticket 1: LHR-XXX-LHR - WT+ to CW MFU x2 pax
Ticket 2: MAN-LHR-MAN - x1 pax (me)
Ticket 3: GLA-LHR-GLA - x1 pax (my friend)

This way I can assign seats based on my status on the longhaul and also my MAN rotation.

Yes, I "lose" 10 TPs each way on my domestic if I had booked MAN-LHR-XXX-LHR-MAN (WT+ to CW MFU), but its only 10 TPs which are very easy to come by anyway.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd

This way I can assign seats based on my status on the longhaul and also my MAN rotation.

Yes, I "lose" 10 TPs each way on my domestic if I had booked MAN-LHR-XXX-LHR-MAN (WT+ to CW MFU), but its only 10 TPs which are very easy to come by anyway.
Thanks rossmacd that is what I expected.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Why exactly do you loose 10 TP? Isn't earning same irrespective of whether you have connecting flight or not?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Originally Posted by the810
Why exactly do you loose 10 TP? Isn't earning same irrespective of whether you have connecting flight or not?
With WT+ through fare you get 20 TP for Domestic as it treats it like Economy (Flexible), while if you book Economy (Lowest) you get 10 TP
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors

If you book one as MAN - XXX - MAN and other as LHR - XXX - LHR, you could ring BA and ask to TCP the PNR, and then can you not select the seat for your Friend too?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Getafix
If you book one as MAN - XXX - MAN and other as LHR - XXX - LHR, you could ring BA and ask to TCP the PNR, and then can you not select the seat for your Friend too?
I thought only Golds could request TCP. The OP has indicated they are Silver.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Getafix

As a pleb silver, I cannot TCP bookings.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by the810
I only lose 10 TPs as in this instance I would not purchase a flex domestic ticket, only a restricted.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Likewise, I will only lose 10tps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.