Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

That was a surprise - I earned the Amex voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

That was a surprise - I earned the Amex voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chistery
Maybe I should go back to the "what do FT'ers look like" thread and pick people to PM?
You've got a new option now too

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post17823291

Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
It's pretty much 80,000 miles and 900ish pounds for a 2-4-1 to JFK

40,000 miles and 1,400ish if you MFU. Depends on how much you value 40,000 miles as to which is better.

I only ever use my 2-4-1 in F
You're right Cap'n, it looks marginal and really depends on how many miles you have banked.

So with a MFU it costs each of you 20,000 miles to upgrade from the cheapest available WT+ ticket to Club World? What is the best way of doing this to ensure that you are not lumbered with travelling in a non refundable WT+ because it transpires there is no availability in CW?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:39 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by CityRules
You're right Cap'n, it looks marginal and really depends on how many miles you have banked.

So with a MFU it costs each of you 20,000 miles to upgrade from the cheapest available WT+ ticket to Club World? What is the best way of doing this to ensure that you are not lumbered with travelling in a non refundable WT+ because it transpires there is no availability in CW?
The only way to ensure that you don't end up in WT+ is book flights where there is redemption availability in CW and upgrade as and when you book, so different to booking a straight 2-4-1 redemption.

The only problem is that if there is no WT+ sale on at the point that you see availability, you could end up paying circa 2,000 as opposed to 1,400 for the WT+ seats, or risk losing the upgrade seats waiting for a sale.

The other thing Im not sure that has been mentioned in this thread and is a big plus of MFU over straight redemption, is that by MFUing, you still earn the WT+ miles. As a blue to JFK, you will earn 9,000ish of the 20,000 miles it costs, so in effect the net cost of the return upgrade is only 11,000 miles
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards, BA Executive Club
Do you also have to pay a (significant) surcharge when you use miles to upgrade to CW from WT+?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CityRules
Do you also have to pay a (significant) surcharge when you use miles to upgrade to CW from WT+?
Not usually. It's normally just the difference in fuel surcharge between WT+ and CW, although this varies depending on route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.