Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to Moscow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
First off, unless a change is being made, BA flies to DME, not SVO. As to your earnings question, I have found conflicting anecdotal evidence using BA's TP calculator. One data point suggests that it's the F/CW/W/Y vs. CE/Y designation that determines # of TP earned, while another suggests that it's based solely on distance.

On the one hand, LHR-LCA is over 2k miles but since the flight is designated as CE/Y it earns long-short-haul TP (60 for J, same as DME does now).

On the other hand, GCM-NAS is designated as CW/W/Y but earns only short-haul TP (40 for J). Furthermore, the TP calculator lists this route as 60 for F, even though BA does not currently offer F on it.

Under scenario one, perhaps they'll just apply the LH standard (210 for F, 140 for J) to DME. Scenario two, though, suggests that DME in F would earn 90 TP (1.5x the CW rate, same as short and long-haul multipliers).
Thanks for pointing out my mistake, appreciate the guidance !

But other than that, I guess the answer is that there has been no official notification of the new TPs that may (or indeed may not) be awarded on this route if travel is completed in CW or F !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.