Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I have 19,000 transferred Avios in my account AND buy my own 24,000 Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I have 19,000 transferred Avios in my account AND buy my own 24,000 Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Question Can I have 19,000 transferred Avios in my account AND buy my own 24,000 Avios

I have read the terms and conditions for buying and transferring Avios but they seem a bit ambiguous

If my brother transfers 19,000 Avios to my account, can I ALSO purchase the maximum 24,000 Avios for my account as well?

Likewise, if my brother purchases 24,000 Avios direct to my account using 'purchase Avios for someone else', can I also purchase the 24,000 Avios for my account?

Any info clarifying transferring/buying/buying for someone else, would be useful.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IIRC 24,000 is the limit whether they are bought or transferred.....unless it has changed.
You do know the transfer fees are pretty high?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Have you considered a Household Account (HHA) for miles sharing. It may not suit your situation but will eliminate the need to transfer miles and the costs associated with that method.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: BA (gold) ... and RAF (or equivalent!) for those places BA (or it's partners) don't fly to ...
The answer to your question is yes. I did it last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.