Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to get avios.com (ex-Airmiles) credit for BA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get avios.com (ex-Airmiles) credit for BA flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:05 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Ok. I've successfully credited to avios.com and BAEC, as described below.

Caution: a) I will book two singles in future; b) I would not be sure what I did will work in all scenarios.

As noted upthread I booked a return Eurotraveller flight, FF# entered just after booking was my BAEC number. I wanted to change FF credits to be avios.com o/b and BAEC inbound.
Problem 1. Can't change in MMB.
Solution. i) Went over to finnair.com and removed FF info (had to fiddle around with other info in finnair enginge to get it to accept .. eg. phone).
ii) Checked back an hour or so later to confirm MMB gone from ba.com.
iii) Hauled up booking into ba.com MMB via BA reference, and confirmed no FF info. Entered my avios.com FF# via the normal dropdown.
iv) A couple of days later checked in via ba.com MMB, having to pull up the booking via BA reference. Printed boarding card there & then (it had the CJ FF#).
v) Took the flight etc etc.
Problem 2. I wanted to credit the return to BAEC.
Solution. i) Went to the status line at check-in, handed over my Silver card and asked the agent to fill in the FF# per the card.
ii) As the agent seemed well at home exercising my request I didn't interfere.
iii) Took the flight etc etc.

One final thing.
The return leg credited to BAEC the next day (as per usual).
The outbound took just over a week to credit to avios.com.

Hope this makes sense to those who have been wondering about this. I repeat YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.