Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z

VS - lipstick on a pig
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold Member
Originally Posted by Prospero
A fantastic summary that echo's my own feelings but expressed with much greater eloquence and clarity than I could ever achieve. Thank-you ^
What a kind thing to say, thank you
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My top reasons for flying BA;
  • Excellent global network coverage
  • MFU/UUA - an excellent and good value benefit
  • Good mileage and status earning opportunities
  • Generally good (to very good) lounges
  • Generally good onboard products - consistent CW cabins, especially good on 747 (Upper Deck)
  • The 'British', 'flag carrier' thing
  • Good oneworld alliance carriers - CX, QF, JAL
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
- Flies most routes I need, both East and West
- Good J product
- Ability to earn a reasonable amount of frequent flyer miles by combining flight and non-flight based earning
- Love the T5 GF
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
I live in London, so LHR works for me. LGW, LTN, STN are just a PITA.
BA flies to the places I need or want to fly to (apart from SEZ )
BA have never lost my bags or seriously upset me after 40+ years
BA is not AA, CO/UA, DL, AC, LH - the only airlines that make me think twice are CX, SQ or LX (F).
BAEC
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I feel safe and trust the professionalism of the engineers, cabin crew and flight deck!

I also choose BA as I love GF, really like the CCR, usually have very good cabin crew, generally like the wine and champagne, the airline has a good FF scheme and flies to most of the places I want to go to, and the J/F cabins are comfortable.

I am sure there are some more reasons, but that is for starters.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by The_Diamond_Z

VS - lipstick on a pig
AA - the pig
UA - the thing that ate the pig
but but but... UA 'ate' CO (then again, much about the new UA is legacy CO).

Sorry to go OT.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, PC Platinum
Well trained and highly competent pilots definitely matters for me and having flown lots of different airlines a flight on BA Metal always feels so much better. That and the fact that they have the network to match my travels in comfort and style. They save me from the orange mob out of Gatters!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am British and have a home in the UK still, so flying any non-US based Airline, they are a natural choice
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by Santander
[*]No other airline connects the world at one city as BA does at LHR.
I always thought LH served more destinations from FRA than BA from LHR?

I fly BA multiple times a week because I aim to always fly direct and so BA makes most sense as spend most my time living not too far from LHR. Do also fly *A, mainly LX, when at GVA base.

The 'British' doesnt do it for me, to be honest I do not associate this with quality per se.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:37 pm

All sorts of reasons. Firstly they fly the routes I do. Then a whole bundle of stuff. You can play the Amex card shuffle, I totally love paying extra tax and fuel surcharges , tesco, MFU availability where I want it, no Y+ to upgrade from on BAs competitors on my routes (which I seriously considered/tried with the end of open doors), if you get bored mid-flight you can play spot the chase-card family at the back , they increased the TPs on my regular flights, range of holiday destinations, On-business, the CW food is fantastic especially the onion tart , the cabin crew are not just pretty young things, Europe rules and thats about it. If they could make the T5 GC knock spots of the T3 VS clubhouse then I would be prepared to have Willy Walsh's babies.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Originally Posted by henkybaby
We've done this one before so it could be fun comparing the answers. I fly BA long haul for 4 reasons:

1. 62K
2. 64K
3. 64A
4. 62A

I wish I was joking.
^

I fly for the upgrades!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
My top reasons for flying BA;
  • Excellent global network coverage
  • MFU/UUA - an excellent and good value benefit
  • Good mileage and status earning opportunities
  • Generally good (to very good) lounges
  • Generally good onboard products - consistent CW cabins, especially good on 747 (Upper Deck)
  • The 'British', 'flag carrier' thing
  • Good oneworld alliance carriers - CX, QF, JAL
Due to workload I have not been actice at Flyertalk recently,but observing regulary the BA Executive Club Board.
I am an Executive Club Member since apr.1991, silver since 1995 and Gold since 1999 nonstop.So I am definately a fan of BA.
What I love most:
CW, especially 744 Upper deck
MFU (W to J and J to F)
nice First Class, very competitive prices ex Continental Europe
Stopover possibility in London (one of my favourite cities)
When flying Club First Class Lounges T3/T5 at LHR
normally polite, well trainend staff
excellent flight crews
well maintained aircraft

Wish List (as it is around christmas):
CE: catering gets worse and worse.For business class it is really a shame.
Together with changing terminals VIE/T3 most connections T5 I am not using
BA for intraeuropean flights anymore.
Only positive aspect: extra bus for arriving club passengers at T3
So please enhance (in a positive meaning) CE !!!!

CW: Upper deck 744, 3 Class 777,767 are fine.But the 4 class 777 has a terrible Business Class product: feeling very cramped,like a dormitory, restrooms just at at the end.I am trying to avoid this type of plane or try to upgrade to First.At the moment my standard routes are served by 744, so no problem.Later, with retiring the Jumbojet, I could be forced to change the airline.
It would be so easy to divide the giant Club section in two and the travel expierence would be completely different.

Change of points required for Gold/Silver Status for Euorpean members:
not so nice for us, but with 2 years pre-announcement (if you have already status) okay.I wil probably keep Gold even after, but to be honest, not having the chance to use the First Lounge in London, not be allowed to choose 1A+1K 744, I could be forced to turn my back to BA.(LHR is not the most central and nicest airport in Europe, so I need to receive some advantages to be kept connecting there).

with kind regards,
ettrich
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Blue
High Standards, professional staff and a good economy product. Have never flied first and will probably never afford to but am satisfied with my experiences in WT. British Airways is reliable and I choose it over my own national airline (Air Canada) which for an economy ticket is always more expensive than BA
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by micheli
High Standards, professional staff and a good economy product. Have never flied first and will probably never afford to but am satisfied with my experiences in WT. British Airways is reliable and I choose it over my own national airline (Air Canada) which for an economy ticket is always more expensive than BA
Good post.

Flying with BA isn't all about flying in premium cabins. Some of my most enjoyable flights with BA have been in economy class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.