Wiki Posts
Search

Middle names on tickets with BA partners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Middle names on tickets with BA partners

Hi all, just made several bookings through BA for flights on CX. One for a flight from PEK-HKG, another for a flight from HKG-JFK and a third from HKG-YYZ. I made the reservations online and no middle name was requested, so I just left it as first and last. When I called BA, they told me they would need to completely reissue all the tickets to add in the middle names. Will I have any problems with immigration if I leave it as is or should I add in the middle names? Thanks for the input!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:13 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 4:00 am
Old Dec 6, 2011, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
BA never adds my middle name and I never had a problem.

By the way, I know of no airline that does include it. Maybe unless you really want them to.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the responses and threads. Just relieved a lot of stress.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Bjorns would be a good person to have a few stories on this as Swedish Passport names almost never (to the untrained eye) logically correlate to what is on the ticket causing much chaos, in particular the US of A.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:01 pm

Won't be a problem. A friend had the same issue (similar routes, also CX) and was concerned, but ultimately had no problem getting on the plane. And this was just a few days ago, so a very recent data point for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.