Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT to WT+

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Cabin ambience: calm, quiet, relaxed - the very opposite of the jittery nervous tension that often pervades economy. That's worth some money.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Very hard these days (with 100% Avios in Y) to leave a decent Y seat, for a random WT+ seat, though its highly likely if the're selling 'em as an offered u/g the WT+ cabin ain't so full.
I'd think a little harder for >8hr flights and on the mid Js and 767s (nicest WT+ cabins IMO).
Fair points above for taller people the extra WT+ legroom (and leg-rest) must be a great incentive though.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Cabin ambience: calm, quiet, relaxed - the very opposite of the jittery nervous tension that often pervades economy. That's worth some money.
I second this. I was in WT+ on a flight from LHR-BWI this summer. If I hadn't already had my first experience in CW on the trip from JFK-LHR two weeks before, I would have considered myself perfectly content. Maybe that's why I'm reluctant to try First--I might then be dissatisfied returning to CW!

On a daylight flight, I just don't need a lie-flat bed. In WT+, I felt it was possible to relax and enjoy the increased recline of the seat. And whatever small difference there may have been in the width of the seat, it seemed to provide just enough separation from my neighbor that it was noticeable in comparison with economy. On half of any of my flights in economy, I seem to be rubbing shoulders or arms with my seat mate; in WT+, I sat next to a pretty big guy and never felt cramped.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Think I would now chose to stay in Y and pay for an exit seat, have a decent drink / bite to eat at T5.... Tho' If it was a new 777-300 then I might think it worth the upgrade.....
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Unless you're over 6ft 3 it really isn't worth it.

Go in the Gucci store and buy a wallet or a belt instead
Old Nov 23, 2011, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DannoTheManno
Unless you're over 6ft 3 it really isn't worth it.
Do I take it you've flown it now, then?

Each to his own, but a Gucci belt or wallet wouldn't improve the quality of my life for 8 hours!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
If you can get yourself a seat in the mini Y cabin and you are not a 6ft 6", 20st man mountain then might not be worth it. Although I am neither of those and I would prefer to pay to travel WT+ than WT.

Been checking for WT+ POU on my upcoming flight, sadly it is now only offering upgrades from WT - F for £4900. No sign of POU and a full WT+ cabin when trying a dummy booking. Still I am in 35D in the mini Y cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.