Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transfering LHR T5 from US flight to Munich

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Next June I am flying BA first class from DFW going on to Munich business class. I would imagine after imigration I would have about 2 hours lounge time and want to try the CCR so have a few questions for the wise travellers out there.

1) Do my bags check all the way through to Munich or do I need to collect in LHR and recheck?

2) How can I get to the CCR, do to go trough imigration the go to transfers? Always flown AA before so sorry for the dumb questions.

Cheers.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by BRITFLYER
Next June I am flying BA first class from DFW going on to Munich business class. I would imagine after imigration I would have about 2 hours lounge time and want to try the CCR so have a few questions for the wise travellers out there.

1) Do my bags check all the way through to Munich or do I need to collect in LHR and recheck?

2) How can I get to the CCR, do to go trough imigration the go to transfers? Always flown AA before so sorry for the dumb questions.
Cheers.
1) Your bags will go all the way to Munich.
2) There is no need to clear immigration as you are continuing onwards to Germany (I'm presuming your a US or German citizen, I believe some nationalities do require transit visas). You do however need to clear security. After doing this turn right and walk towards South Security. In front of you at the end of South Security there will be a door marked 'by invitation only' or something similar. Present your Boarding Pass stub from the DFW-LHR flight and your boarding pass for the Munich flight and you will be in the Concorde Room!
(N.B. It's very important that you keep the boarding pass stub as otherwise you'll only have access to the Galleries lounges since there is no first class on BA European flights, only business class)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much, one last question. If I buy duty free at DFW will I be able to get wine through security at LHR or does the liquids rule apply?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BRITFLYER
Thanks so much, one last question. If I buy duty free at DFW will I be able to get wine through security at LHR or does the liquids rule apply?
Rules change - so check the Heathrow Airport website closer to the time.

However, at the moment, duty free bought in US airports can be taken through security at LHR, IF it is in one of the specially security-sealed bags, with receipt showing its purchase within the previous 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.