Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I 'book and upgrade' an AA domestic with BA miles online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I 'book and upgrade' an AA domestic with BA miles online?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Originally Posted by timezonehopper
No I've not MFU'd either of those sectors but so far there's been no availability so I've not tried.

It does seem that the T&Cs are somewhat ambiguous for Avios upgrades on AA flights. If the intention is that AA domestics are not upgradable when booked on a BA code then this should be made clear. Currently the T&Cs make no mention of this.
Here's one more thing I might look into: Do you have any AA miles? If so, try and upgrade through AA. From a B fare the upgrade will only be 5k miles each way. You could always switch the reservation to your AA FF#, do the upgrade, and then switch back to your BAEC # before the flight to earn your Avios and TP.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
An excellent thought Upgraded! but alas I'm not a member of the AA FF program.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Yes, it seems there is a bit of conflicting information out there... I'd get clarification from BA before booking that W fare then, since it's likely non-refundable and more expensive than the cheapest economy fare.

I should add that if you don't mind 2.5hrs in the car and can drive to RSW (Ft. Meyers), then the price of a KUP is cut in half.
Hey Upgraded!, how about this for an update for you.

I took your advice and instead of booking from Tampa I booked from Ft. Myers. Got the instant upgrade tickets for half the price of the Tampa. It's a bit of a pain (drive from home to RSW) but worth it for the price and TPs.

Two of the 4 sectors were American Eagle. I didn't realise that at the time but that meant no F but hey ho.

Well, American Eagle have stopped flying those sector so AA called me today and asked whether I could go from a different airport? I suggested Tampa So now I'm booked with the half price F tickets from Tampa (20 mins away) on 4 F sectors. Just one of those occasional lucky outcomes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.