Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance Query/Check

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Baggage Allowance Query/Check

Hopefully a simple check, made slightly more complex by a change in status/split tickets.

Outward
This Christmas, the parents (mother is a GCH, father now just down to Blue) are travelling together in Y to India on one ticket. Am I right that they both get 2 bags up to 32kg in weight each (so 4 x 32kg in total).

I'm following a few days later in Y+ (Exec Club Blue), so I'm entitled to 2 x 23kg bags.

Inward
We're all on one booking, all in Y. Based on my reading of the rules, I make it that we are entitled to 6 x 32kg bags in total.

Could someone be so kind as to confirm? Not that we want to use all our allowance, but just so we can plan things accordingly ...

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:28 am

My understanding would be that just the GCH gets the extra baggage allowance.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:34 am

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
When I have booked with non-status companions in Y on the same BA booking (same PNR), the additional bag allowance shows in MMB as being applicable to all pax in the booking. However, the MMB bag weight limit shows 23kg and does not reference the waived charge on bags between 23-32kg, which I believe also applies to all pax in the booking.

This is different to the additional baggage allowance you get as *G which is for the cardholder(s) only.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Probably highlights the confusion over this - is it just the GCH or all the passengers on the same booking (PNR)?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I've always been under the impression that the extra allowance applies to all pax in the booking, rather like checking in at the J/F desk and using Fast Track security/boarding.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:11 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Genius1
I've always been under the impression that the extra allowance applies to all pax in the booking, rather like checking in at the J/F desk and using Fast Track security/boarding.
As a slight hijack (apologies), myself (silver) and the missus (blue) are travelling to the US at Xmas on separate tickets, as she's staying out there with family for a few extra days.

We're travelling in WT+, so there's no bag issues, in regards to the all the other benefits I'm not quite sure where we stand.

Check in- Are we both able to use the Club check in? (I'd assume so)
Fast Track- I'd assume she wouldn't be able to benefit here.
Lounge- I can guest her in no problems
Boarding- Can we both priority board? (I'd assume so)
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Most likely yes to all of them. Fast track definitely as they have no idea that you are on separate bookings.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Thanks - will take that as 4 x 32kg + 2 x 23kg on the way out and 6 x 32kg on the way back. Arguments can then be had thereafter, if so needed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.