Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Warning: Miles currently are not credited back due to Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL; A3*Gold

Saturday (29 Oct.) I cancelled my award reservation (with EC USA).
The miles have not been credited back instantly as I was told (I need to make another award reservation, so I need these miles badly).

Called today (30 Oct) to be told that all cancelled awards credits are on hold until further notice because the system is being prepared for the Avios program. Nothing can be done about this because "it's a computer system".

Last edited by AVSA; Oct 30, 2011 at 7:31 am
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today is Oct 30.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Today is Oct 30.
Thanks - original post corrected.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I reckon you've been given duff info.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Sounds like a lame excuse - I've had delays in the past when it hasn't been an IT issue like that - just a case of it being caught in the system generally. But also having issues with ba Amex transfers, maybe non-avios related glitches aren't being addressed as quickly as usual as they finalise preparation for the switch. Speculative, but more likely I'd have thought

Would seem crazy to create a 2 week backlog deliberately, but a two week period where occasional glitches get backlogged doesn't seem as crazy
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
.... but a two week period where occasional glitches get backlogged doesn't seem as crazy
Why am I thinking of the opening of T5 right now?

Let's hope they've tested the Avios systems already....
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Interesting. I flew to DXB last week and haven't had the miles or TPs credited yet which is unusual for BA. I was going to wait a few weeks before calling BA. No one else in my party has had their miles credited either.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Interesting. I flew to DXB last week and haven't had the miles or TPs credited yet which is unusual for BA. I was going to wait a few weeks before calling BA. No one else in my party has had their miles credited either.
I flew to JFK on Tuesday on BA followed by AA flights to DFW and DEN on Wednesday and Thursday and all miles and TPs have been credited to my BAEC account.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
As far as I understand the issue is the credit back to the account of miles for cancelled award bookings.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:35 am

My MFU since two weeks has not posted. Same thing happened for MFU late September. The September MFU did not post correctly as usual. I called in 4 days later and 1 day after it had posted with correct miles and points.

The last MFU I called 5 days after the return flight (2 weeks ago) and BAEC said it will be done asap. A week later, still nothing. I called again last Thursday and it still has not posted. Coincidence? Probably same issue as OP is mentioning. BA, what is going on here?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:49 am

I also had to cancel and rebook an award flight recently and ran into exactly the same problem with a delay in the miles being credited. In the end I contacted the call center and spoke to a very nice lady who spoke to her boss and then her bosses boss and eventually managed to get the miles credited so I could rebook (took about 30mins of holding on the phone). It definitely looks like the automated system is not right now working as it normally does.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: ba lifetime gold, MAS gold, hhonors gold
similar thing happened to me today - a cancel and rebook situation - the agent couldn't credit the miles and two for one but went ahead and did the booking anyway - my new booking is now confirmed on BA.COM and no doubt the miles etc will be sorted out eventually.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:19 am

I have not had my miles credited from my BA Amex spend yet - it never normally takes this long!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:00 am

OnBusiness points seem to be drifting accountward in a slightly more leisurely fashion than usual at the moment as well, but they're still coming.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold A3 Gold PC Platinum
flew this week and all miles/TP's posted in 24hrs! Also, called to get TP's and miles for an airport upgrade from M to WT+ the other day and all went through in 48hrs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.