Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avois points useage across airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, BA, Iberia, Virgin.
Avois points useage across airlines

As a long time reader and first time poster, I would like to ask if anyone could answer my question.

My wife and I have a decent amount of Iberia points which we are currently planning on using on a BA flight to Dubai in December. I currently also have two BA companion vouchers and a 120,000 BA miles. Ideria Plus does not let you pool points between members (BA Exec club does) and I cannot use my companion vouchers when booking on BA with my Iberia points.

Does anyone know whether, after the November change to Avois, we would be able to:

a. Pool our Iberia points betwen us
b. pool with our BA Miles and therefore;
c. effectively double the travelling ability of these Avois by using them with the companion vouchers?

It just seems a waste to use all the Iberia points on BA and not use the vouchers with them.

Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 4:28 am

The details about the Avios program regarding redemptions and combining of Iberia and BA miles/ vouchers are still sketchy. Try calling them up and see if you can get a response. Do post about it once you hear from them.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
Its still confusing but a bit more information from the Avois.com FAQ's if you haven't already gotten this sorted.

Can I merge the Avios in my Iberia Plus and Avios accounts?

You can't merge an Avios account this way, however you can transfer them from an Iberia Plus account to an Avios account in your name.

This won't happen automatically - but you can do it yourself here:

You can do it as many times as you want
You can move them back again
You can use the Avios straight away
There will be no fee
There will be no limit

Can I transfer the Avios in my British Airways Executive Club and Avios accounts?

You can transfer Avios from a British Airways Executive Club account to an Avios account in your name.

This won't happen automatically - but you can do it yourself here:

You can do it as many times as you want
You can move them back again
You can use the Avios straight away
There will be no fee
There will be no limit

This would seem to imply that you can transfer from Iberia into your Avios account, and then from Avios to BA Exec Club. But neither of the links seem to be working, they just take you back to an account page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.