Wiki Posts
Search

BA Terminal 5 lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG
Question BA Terminal 5 lounges

I'm flying BA prem econ YYCL-LHR-JNB in Dec and will be using Terminal 5, I've never been to T5 and wanted to know if there are any pay lounges there? If not any ideas on places to relax (my wife and I have a 6 hour wait....and a 6month old baby..... yep that's why we need a lounge or something of the sort). Yotel is also on the table, anyone stayed there? whats it like?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: AA PLT,Marriott Gold, HHnors,Airtran A+
I was there last week, there are two British Airways Galleries. They have food and a nice area to relax. hope this helps
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:55 am

There are no pay for lounges at T5 unfortunately. Only BA lounges that you can access through a J/F ticket or BA/OneWorld Status.

T5, although resembles a shopping mall, has enough to keep you busy for a few hours, and there is plenty of seating.

I have not tried Yotel - some on here have and will report their experiences
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
If you check the heathrow website: here you'll get your answer.

In short - no there isn't.

oh and welcome to FT!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 6:20 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
There is one 'pay to use' lounge at T5 now.

See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-door-t5.html

Bit on the expensive side though.

bjorns
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by ravizim
Yotel is also on the table, anyone stayed there? whats it like?
You do realise that the Yotel is at T4 and is this a bit of a PITA to travel to/from T5?

PS what airport is YYCL?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Calgary with an extra L would be my guess!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't recommend the Yotel as you will have to navigate UK immigration as well as get from T5 to T4 and back, complete with baby.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Yotel has pod size rooms will be cramped for two people much less with a baby in tow. Its fine for sleeping but not necessarily for relaxing in.

There is no decent option airside. If there are no visa issues, you can come landside to the Sotifel that is connected to T5 but it is not cheap.

The other expensive option is to buy a Qantas Club membership as that gives you access to BA lounges around the globe. Unsure if that allows guests (do you need one or two memberships)

Last edited by KenJohn; Aug 25, 2011 at 8:29 am
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by KenJohn
How long is your transit time?
From post #1

(my wife and I have a 6 hour wait...

Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm flying BA prem econ YYCL-LHR-JNB in Dec and will be using Terminal 5, I've never been to T5 and wanted to know if there are any pay lounges there? If not any ideas on places to relax (my wife and I have a 6 hour wait....and a 6month old baby..... yep that's why we need a lounge or something of the sort). Yotel is also on the table, anyone stayed there? whats it like?
As others have said, Yotel is a bad choice because of the terminal, but the Sofitel at T5 does day rooms (£99 I believe) which might be worth it for a long wait with a baby in between two long haul flights.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Assuming of course the OP is admissible to the UK; Canadian citizens are, but South African citizens generally are not.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by KenJohn
The other expensive option is to buy a Qantas Club membership as that gives you access to BA lounges around the globe. Unsure if that allows guests (do you need one or two memberships)
It allows one guest (did that in AMS a couple of days ago, tried it on my new-found crush), although I'm not sure how they treat infants.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG
Question

Just wondering whether you can get airside access to the other four terminals at Heathrow if you are travelling from only one. We will be travelling from YYC - LHR - JNB all via terminal 5 but are thinking about pay lounges at T3 or T1 access at the other terminals as there are no pay lounges in T5. Can you get through security and get airside in terminals at Heathrow that you are not travelling from?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Just wondering whether you can get airside access to the other four terminals at Heathrow if you are travelling from only one. We will be travelling from YYC - LHR - JNB all via terminal 5 but are thinking about pay lounges at T3 or T1 access at the other terminals as there are no pay lounges in T5. Can you get through security and get airside in terminals at Heathrow that you are not travelling from?
No, you can't. You have to be flying from that terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.