Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT: Inside Gatwick (New TV Series)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the people who enjoyed this series and NEED to see again. or the people who wont pay Murdoch for Sky.

Anyway, its on tonight on Pick TV. Which is free to freeview people, I think on satellite as well.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:50 am

Thanks for this origin, my freeview only parents will be chuffed
Old Jul 25, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Will there be a second series ?

cs
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
BA's commitment to Gatters

In light of the more recent question marks over the long-term viability of BA's operations at everyone's favourite airport-near-Crawley, the episode that focussed specifically on BA raised some questions with the benefit of hindsight.

Ignoring those bits that felt like they were placed there by BA's marketing team (chef in the sky?!), I wondered about the airport extension which is now the new check-in area.

Did BA:
  • Contribute to the building work (probably not, since it's a LGW capital expenditure)?
  • Pay to have a brand-spanking new area to themselves (maybe; it's quite plush)?
  • Demonstrate its commitment to LGW by spending money on the new machines and systems (yes, but it doesn't really compare against the cost of new aircraft and could be moved to LHR without much fuss)?
  • Receive some kind of kick-back from LGW in order to encourage it to re-expand (shurely not!)?

Thoughts?
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
BA would've paid for any of their property eg. the premium check in seats and walling etc.

I doubt they would have paid LGW to have the area for themselves - it would've been agreed through consultation.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by dark_horse
I wondered about the airport extension which is now the new check-in area. Did BA: Contribute to the building work [I](probably not, since it's a LGW capital expenditure) {snip}
Well, just to show what the competition is up to... we should note that the new satellite being built at MUC T2, is co-funded by airport and airline as follows (see the very last para in that article):

As in the original Terminal 2 development, the investment costs of 650 million euros for the new building will be shared by FMG* and Lufthansa on a 60:40 basis.
* FMG = Flughafen München GmbH, the airport operating company

So why shouldn't BA contribute to e.g. a new check-in area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.