Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Possible to switch from award to cash booking and keep purchased seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:56 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold

This is probably covered somewhere in one of the 52,000+ threads on the BA board, but I couldn't find it so here goes...

We have a CW redemption booked and have paid for seat assignments. Would there be any way of rescuing/transferring the seat assignments if we replaced the redemption booking with a cash booking? (This could be an attractive option if a CW sale comes along or if the TPs for an MFU'd WT+ would get us to Silver.)
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As you'd have to cancel your award ticket, the money you've paid for advanced seating assignments cannot be refunded to you or used towards a separate booking.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:18 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Thanks. Everything (including common sense) pointed to that answer -- but on more than one occasion I've been known to miss a trick so I wanted to ask before squandering a non-negligible sum of money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.