Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does the card holder have to fly using a 241?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:19 am
k3v
Original Poster

Does the card holder have to fly? My girlfriend has a supplementary credit card on my account and could book the flights using her card, so could she use the 241 instead of me? I know the terms and conditions say i need to fly but i wondered if using the online booking system would let me do it?
Apologies if this has come up time and time before but im using my phone and its a bit tricky to search with.

TIA
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
It insisted the person named on the voucher be the one flying. I found that out by accident when I had mistakenly selected two other people in my household account instead of the wife and myself.

As far as I know, you can only use a voucher for two people other than yourself if you happen to have two vouchers and redeem them at the same time for a total of 4 pax. And you still have to be one of the four.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
It insisted the person named on the voucher be the one flying. I found that out by accident when I had mistakenly selected two other people in my household account instead of the wife and myself.

I know it's not in the rules but it does seem to work, I have read other people have done this. Did yours reject during the booking process?

Last edited by joejet; Jul 31, 2011 at 7:03 pm
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:40 am
k3v
Original Poster

thanks for the replies chaps,fingers crossed it may be a loophole. Hopefully some more replies will clarify this.
Hope it works out ok for you joejet.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by k3v
thanks for the replies chaps,fingers crossed it may be a loophole. Hopefully some more replies will clarify this.
Hope it works out ok for you joejet.
It is and it will be fine

cs
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Used Mum's 241 for wife and I on several occasions no problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.