Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA A380 seat plan and configurations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

BA A380 seat plan and configurations

No doubt it has been discussed - and someone will no doubt point me in the right direction if it has, but:

Is there any clarity, good rumours or ideas as to what the A380s layout will be when they enter service?
Old Jul 6, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
As far as im still aware its TBA
so nothing confirmed one way or another, no doubt however NF, NWT & NWT+ will feature, but no mention on an upgraded club product

cs
Old Jul 7, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
... which also means that BA could manage a real 'coup' when they introduce it: both AF and LH have chosen to make their A380 a 'plane like any other' with totally traditional cabins. If BA could innovate, they could maintain and rejuvenate their lead in terms of European hard product, notably in J and F.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
... which also means that BA could manage a real 'coup' when they introduce it: both AF and LH have chosen to make their A380 a 'plane like any other' with totally traditional cabins. If BA could innovate, they could maintain and rejuvenate their lead in terms of European hard product, notably in J and F.
I'd be disappointed if BA did that. The A380 is exactly just another aircraft. It is just larger, like the 777 is larger than the 767. There is no excuse to have a different/better product on the a380 than the rest of the fleet - it's more about having a better product across the board.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:59 pm

I thought there was to be shopping malls, sports centres (including swimming pool), libraries, bars and clubs and a selection of restaurants. Surprised they are all going for lots of seats; perhaps the Virgin A380s will have something differnet?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I hope you aren't serious, Greenpen

IIRC BA is all about consistency, therefore I doubt they would have something special for the A380, as they would then have to install it fleet-wide.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by destere
I'd be disappointed if BA did that. The A380 is exactly just another aircraft. It is just larger, like the 777 is larger than the 767. There is no excuse to have a different/better product on the a380 than the rest of the fleet - it's more about having a better product across the board.
It is just another aircraft and any changes, if made, would be minor to suit the aircraft but not so much that it would be a completely different product from existing aircraft.

All will be confirmed within the next 12 months I suspect as the aircraft is expected to enter service in early 2013 and so would go on sale early to middle of next year.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:44 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
I dont want it to end up like SQ..a seperate Suite Class with no Award inventory
Old Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Unless I am mistaken, LH has introduced a completely revamped First Class on its A380s, right?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Unless I am mistaken, LH has introduced a completely revamped First Class on its A380s, right?
EK has also introduced completely revamped J on its A380s (as well as the F suites to a large extent vs. the 77W... showers!)

The A380 would be a perfect excuse for BA to upgrade CW. Y, WT+ and F have already been upgraded.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
I hope you aren't serious, Greenpen

IIRC BA is all about consistency, therefore I doubt they would have something special for the A380, as they would then have to install it fleet-wide.
Consistency? Different aircraft? A318s with CWLC? It's happened already...
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:36 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by BA6501

IIRC BA is all about consistency, ... as they would then have to install it fleet-wide.
NF's glacial introduction is already creating inconsitency and a great deal of 'will it be NF / OF' chatter on this and other forums...
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Hyperacusis
EK has also introduced completely revamped J on its A380s (as well as the F suites to a large extent vs. the 77W... showers!)
EK do that every time they order another batch of aircraft so you never know what you will get on a particular route, which I why I avoid them whenever possible.

Last time I flew EK DXB-MLE-DXB we got horrible sit-up seats on the outbound night flight and flat beds on the return day flight and they also have sloping "flat" beds on some aircraft, which I hate.

If the product is consistent across the fleet you know exactly what to expect (or the minimum in the case of fleet-wide revamps such as NGCW and NF).
Old Jul 8, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Consistency? Different aircraft? A318s with CWLC? It's happened already...
CWLC is by it's very name marketed differently from CW. CW, even with the older seats in the 767 gives the same basic product with minor variations. The layout remains the same ie rear/forward facing flat beds.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Time to introduce a new term for the discussion I think.

Instead of seat plan consider "LOPA", Layout of Passenger Area or Layout of Passenger Arrangement.

For me the interesting questions are:

* Will NF fit on the upper deck in a 1-2-1 configuration? If not then it might be on the lower deck
* What CW configuration (based on the current CW concept) will fit on the upper deck? Presumably not 2-4-2 so will 2-3-2 or 2-2-2 be acceptable to BA? Otherwise they might change the concept

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.