Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 2012 Olympics Ticketing Policies/Guidance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 2012 Olympics Ticketing Policies/Guidance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
Originally Posted by mileshound
Any ideas about award tickets? I'm trying to get a few of us from USA- FCO for a cruise in late Aug.

Award availability was great this year but I fear next year.
I was speaking to an agent today, who said that award seats in premium cabins are not being released for August 2012 for many destinations for the time being. I assume that they are doing this to give them a chance to see what demand is like for revenue tickets.

I also note that some revenue brackets are already showing as "0" for August 2012, particularly A (non-flexible First).
Old Sep 10, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I like the TTLs. If you want a seat you should be prepared to pay for it.

So 16 July to 29 August are the peak days.

Now the opening ceremony will be on 27 july and the closing ceremony on 12 August.

I am predicting a last minute awards bonanza on selected flights between 16 and 25 July and 15 and 29 August when it becomes clear to BA which flights are full of Olympics traffic and which are not.

Should get some decent last minute award availability during the Games too.

Old Sep 11, 2011, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I like the TTLs. If you want a seat you should be prepared to pay for it.

So 16 July to 29 August are the peak days.

Now the opening ceremony will be on 27 july and the closing ceremony on 12 August.

I am predicting a last minute awards bonanza on selected flights between 16 and 25 July and 15 and 29 August when it becomes clear to BA which flights are full of Olympics traffic and which are not.

Should get some decent last minute award availability during the Games too.

I am trying to get 5 JFK-FCO in FC (preferred) or Club world or a mix. We would not leave JFK until after 15 Aug and return around 1 Sept.

I know 5 is a lot to expect, but in the past BA has had excellent availability.

I would think the peak for JFK-LHR would be before the closing ceremonies. The LHR-FCO leg may be trickier right after the closing ceremonies.

Would love to book shortly, but maybe the Nov changes would be favorable to me in terms of mileage requirements.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Blue.
I managed to get a long haul to Vancouver during this peak period as an award booking. However no joy getting the domestic leg added in to LHR. Could get to LCY - which is not great.

I took the LCY leg in the hope i can get a domestic leg at some stage. Usually they will speak to reservations and get one for you - not this time - got told none were available.

Might well just book the domestic leg and pay for it or I could have a horrible journey across London to contend with...

Wonder how that would work - an award domestic connection and a paid domestic connection on the same day..
Old Sep 11, 2011, 12:41 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
blawson, we are in the same situation, managed to get 4 F seats GLA-LHR-SFO 1st July and returning from LAS 15 July but have over 6hrs to wait before a connection up to GLA as very little choice with redemption space on the domestic leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.