Wiki Posts
Search

Hand baggage weight limit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:20 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I must admit I have never tried to travel with the kitchen sink, even though I recognise it to be one of the MUCCI benefits. I heaviest my Tumi has ever been was coming out of BKK. We had been in Paragon and bought a dinner service. Well I couldn't check it, so it came aboard. Dear God it took two of us to lift it into the overhead locker. I refused to sit under it, just in case of turbulence .

I must have been troubled sleeping, because I woke up screaming. Well you have never seen a purser move into the cabin so fast. I thought I was being attacked and someone had thrown snakes over me. The looks I received from the other passengers was hardly understanding. I apologised of course and soon we all settled back down.

Fortunately back at LHR all said pieces of the service were intact. It's lovely too and we tend to use it in the garden at our country house.
A rather different version of Snakes On a Plane! Was Samuel L Jackson in your dream too?

Speaking of whom, someone forwarded me this video with Samuel L Jackson reading a story. It raised a smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGDm45niITI
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dont_call_me_Shirley
I flew on an A320 today and noticed the overhead compartments had a sign stating "32kg Max" - probably nothing to do with the BA policy though.
So you potentially gave 3 x 23kg bags in a locker rated at 32kg.

Can that be right?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by thegoderic
So you potentially gave 3 x 23kg bags in a locker rated at 32kg.
Can that be right?
Late on parade, but that was my question as well.

I don't want to be sat underneath a 32kg-rated locker containing [potentially] 69kg.

Any CC here care to elaborate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.