Wiki Posts
Search

Upper deck "full up "

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: my wings are gold
Upper deck "full up "

I recently booked a trip ---normally go on to manage my booking and get decent seats (64J and K ) on the upper deck
But alas - on flight BA 208- from Miami on 19th August the upper deck is "full up "- it is some 10 weeks away and all booked ? Strange.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normal for 70% or so of my flights. As some of the UD is now available for sale the remaining seats go very quickly to early bookers on cheap fares. Those unfortunate enough to paying J or C get stuffed with a crappy middle downstairs.

..and breath.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
With Swanhunter, every since UD was pre-bookable its been a pain. Ive ended up using miles to upgrade to F as the seats on offer have been so poor.

Opening up UD was the worse thing BA have done for a while (though the truly dreadful Chilian red runs it close).
Old May 30, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just looked on EF, and the UD is completely full! I am sure people will disagree with this, but I do think that the UD should only be available to Golds, Silvers and fully flexible fare passengers- surely those who fly on BA very frequently deserve the privilege of sitting upstairs?

A good compromise would be for the option to pay to nab seats on the upper deck 14 days before departure if available instead of at the time of booking, which would be fairer to Silvers + Golds, but Blues will still have the chance to pay for UD seats if available.

I am sure many will disagree with this, but it is just my opinion!
Old May 30, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I'd ban Silvers too! And make 62AK, 64AK GGL and Prem only. Oh, and sort out the Eurocheat tier point thresholds too so there are less elites kicking around the system.

Seating policy and Eurocheating in one post. I am on fire tonight.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by stueys
With Swanhunter, every since UD was pre-bookable its been a pain. Ive ended up using miles to upgrade to F as the seats on offer have been so poor.
So far I haven't been forced to fly F due to the new policy. This may be route specific. I have been rather lucky on my usual YVR route throughout the year.

I may switch to 64K on my next flight, after being bored with 62K all this while...or maybe not.

Old May 30, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Personally I'd ban Silvers too! And make 62AK, 64AK GGL and Prem only. Oh, and sort out the Eurocheat tier point thresholds too so there are less elites kicking around the system.

Perhaps, make those seats for Swanhunter only. Would be much easier....
Old May 30, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RayG
So far I haven't been forced to fly F due to the new policy. This may be route specific. I have been rather lucky on my usual YVR route throughout the year.
Twice in the last 6 months. Being fair both of those trips were booked within 14 days of flying but the happens relatively frequently in my schedule and it was never a problem pre-policy.

it's funny I never got any sympathy about having to upgrade to F...
Old May 30, 2011, 2:56 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The first rule of Flyertalk: Revenue maximisation and service "enhancement" is all good, as long as it impacts someone else
Old May 30, 2011, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No no... Just bitter...
Old May 30, 2011, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kgmm77
wirelessly posted (iphone 3g: Mozilla/5.0 (iphone; u; cpu iphone os 4_3_3 like mac os x; en-us) applewebkit/533.17.9 (khtml, like gecko) version/5.0.2 mobile/8j2 safari/6533.18.5)

the first rule of flyertalk: Revenue maximisation and service "enhancement" is all good, as long as it impacts someone else
^
Originally Posted by bingbongboy
no no... Just bitter...
Old May 30, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

The first rule of Flyertalk: Revenue maximisation and service "enhancement" is all good, as long as it impacts someone else
That is so true!
Old May 30, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Just looked on EF, and the UD is completely full! I am sure people will disagree with this, but I do think that the UD should only be available to Golds, Silvers and fully flexible fare passengers- surely those who fly on BA very frequently deserve the privilege of sitting upstairs?

A good compromise would be for the option to pay to nab seats on the upper deck 14 days before departure if available instead of at the time of booking, which would be fairer to Silvers + Golds, but Blues will still have the chance to pay for UD seats if available.

I am sure many will disagree with this, but it is just my opinion!
If you keep on about how fantastic the UD is, BA will decide to charge more for J tix on the UD than the LD. And I don't mean the measly £20 additional seat booking fee!

Shhhhh!
Old May 30, 2011, 3:54 pm

If this whole thread is accurate then why don't BA put up the price of seat selection?????????
Old May 30, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
If this whole thread is accurate then why don't BA put up the price of seat selection?????????
It's already £60 and £80 (LD/UD) ... what would they put it up to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.