Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BOD Salon des Vignobles: Lounge review and discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

BOD
Bordeaux Mérignac

Salon des Vignobles

Opening hours
  • Daily, 05:30 to 22:30

Access entitlement
  • Standard BAEC and oneworld rules apply
  • Priority Pass

What follows is a first rate review of a third rate, third party lounge, received second hand. Enjoy

As per the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-database.html thread in the Dashboard Salon des Vignobles is a third party lounge. An access code is handed out at the BA check-in desk. But it sure as heck ain't worth bothering with!!

There was a fridge containing about 8 cans of Coke, a dozen cans of tonic, about 6 cans of beer, a handful of orange and apple juice cartons, and a bottle of red wine about a quarter - third full (opened and with the cork back in). There's a few quarter bottles of gin, vodka and whisky. Water is from a cooler and a plastic glass is available to use for this.

Food consists of crisps and madeleines (the cakey things).

There's a TV and about 25-30 seats, in tacky red vinyl type covering. They're not armchairs by any means, more like dining chairs. There was a few copies of IB and AF's in-flight magazines plus a copy of the Times - 7 days old!!!

It was an awful place and to describe it as a lounge is an insult to all the lounges I've ever been in!!

Not only that but if you wanted another drink there's no cafe/bar airside and you have to rely on vending machines. All those offering water, or coke/soft drinks were broken so you couldn't get anything at all.

The duty free shop is incredibly limited. I'd wanted to buy some wine - Red wine was OK but no dry white wine of any kind whatsoever.

Also there's no check in machines so you need to have a printed BP or one on your mobile to avoid having to join the check in queues. Check in opens 2 hours before the flight.

Images

Priority Pass, 2011

Data last verified: May 2011
Old May 25, 2011, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No overcrowding problems there I see.

Looks very basic...in fact, it looks horrible.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Looks nicer than the LH SEN lounge at FRA
Old May 25, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
I LOVE this lounge. It's so crap as to be good.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:59 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Wow. I lived in a student flat that was similarly furnished, although it wasn't this nice, or this big. But the early 1970s vibe deffo hits home, right down to the CRT TV on a stand, the puke green and red vinyl. Add a huge patch of black mould and a storage heater, and it's a spitting image.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
I've visited this dirty, smelly, miserable little hole.

My experience was only heightened by the influx of obnoxious and loud hooray henrys sharing also on my flight, intend on draining the 'bar' of every resource.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex and some hotels
I was there on the way back from my father-in-law's funeral. It was so quiet (ie totally empty) that I took 3 guests in with me although, in mitigation, they had buried their father/brother the day before.

As I recall, the coffee was reasonable (it was for a morning flight).

The state of the shabby lounge is good preparation for the shabby 737 back to LGW.

In fact, maybe we could all remember the code (I doubt they change it very often) and fly EZY and use it as the last bastion of open doors (although it's not even a BA lounge)
Old May 25, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold
The good thing about the lounge at BOD is the free Wi-Fi.

The wine is highly variable, but usually better than the current BA ET/CE offering (El Muro white or red).

The coffee isn't bad. G&T is fine.
Old May 25, 2011, 2:55 pm

I see that lounge and all I can think of is DSK.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The fridge!

Sortie
Old May 25, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA back down to Blue, PC Plat
Ah well. The entire NSFU family will have the chance to pack this place out in three weeks or so as we return on our holiday CE redemption. The anticipation, I have to say, is somewhat diminished
Old May 25, 2011, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by NSFU
Ah well. The entire NSFU family will have the chance to pack this place out in three weeks or so as we return on our holiday CE redemption. The anticipation, I have to say, is somewhat diminished
Here's hoping they restock the chilled drinks selection before your arrival.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NSFU
So that big bottle in the fridge that looks like malt vinegar is not exciting you?
Old May 25, 2011, 3:51 pm

French provincial airports do not have great lounges. I was at the BOD AF lounge a few weeks ago and it was pretty pathetic too (it opened late to start with), although not as bad. The only decent one I have been to is in Nice (third party), but decent by no means is great.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Looks very basic...in fact, it looks horrible.
That's why it's customarily referred to as Salon des Ignobles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.