Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Little Bit of Help with my Prague Trip!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
A Little Bit of Help with my Prague Trip!

Hello Everyone

At the end of this month my girlfriend and I are travelling to Prague from T5 in Club Europe and i wondered if i could ask a little bit of advice.

1. Am i right due to travelling CE i check in at Zone H in T5? and also is the Fast Track Security near here aswell?

2. Are we allowed in both North and South lounges when travelling CE? And i read something about an even smaller lounge somewhere is that T5B?

3. If any of you have been to Prague before do you no roughly how much the taxi fare would be from the Airport to the centre of Prague, Just an idea of cost.

4. And finally a rough idea at the costs of drinks? A friend has advised me czech beer is very cheap but other lager corona for example is very expensive? Your thoughts please.

As always any responses are most gratefull and thankfully received.

Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
1. Am i right due to travelling CE i check in at Zone H in T5? and also is the Fast Track Security near here aswell?
You can check in at any desk that are free, except the First desks which is in its own section. They will ask you to checkin on the machine and then drop your bags. There are dedicated CE/CW desks at Zone H where prior machine check in will not be requested. There is Fast Tradk but both North and South security

2. Are we allowed in both North and South lounges when travelling CE? And i read something about an even smaller lounge somewhere is that T5B?
Yes. However, it is like that Prague flights are from T5A

3. If any of you have been to Prague before do you no roughly how much the taxi fare would be from the Airport to the centre of Prague, Just an idea of cost.
About 30 - 35 quid depending on traffic.

Dont drink beer

Last edited by KenJohn; Apr 17, 2011 at 9:31 am
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
1. You can check in whichever end suits. Although the designated CE check in as zone H. S Security is closest to zone H.

2. Yes you can use N and S lounges - your choice. Yes there is na small lounge in T5B but don't go there unless your flight leaves from T5B. It can be a right PITA to get back from T5B to T5A unless you are an arriving PAX.

As for the rest it is a while since I visited Prague so my recollection of prices is way out of date.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OPebble
1. You can check in whichever end suits. Although the designated CE check in as zone H. S Security is closest to zone H.

2. Yes you can use N and S lounges - your choice. Yes there is na small lounge in T5B but don't go there unless your flight leaves from T5B. It can be a right PITA to get back from T5B to T5A unless you are an arriving PAX.

As for the rest it is a while since I visited Prague so my recollection of prices is way out of date.
Thanks OPebble for your input
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should try a drink called Becherovka. It is very tasty.

Don't make the same mistake I did. For some reason it is not sufficient just to buy a ticket for public transport. You actually have to validate it in a funny machine. I got fined because although I had paid for a ticket that I had with me I had not done this. I think it is just a way of cheating tourists. Besteds!
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Czech beer is cheap and excellent. Please don't go to Prague and drink imports.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenJohn
You can check in at any desk that are free, except the First desks which is in its own section. They will ask you to checkin on the machine and then drop your bags. There are dedicated CE/CW desks at Zone H where prior machine check in will not be requested. There is Fast Tradk but both North and South security

Yes. However, it is like that Prague flights are from T5A

About 30 - 35 quid depending on traffic.

Dont drink beer
Thanks KenJohn ^
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Czech beer is cheap and excellent. Please don't go to Prague and drink imports.
Thats Exactly what i wanted to do SW i wanted to try there drinks not the usual stuff i drink back home ^
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
You should try a drink called Becherovka. It is very tasty.Don't make the same mistake I did. For some reason it is not sufficient just to buy a ticket for public transport. You actually have to validate it in a funny machine. I got fined because although I had paid for a ticket that I had with me I had not done this. I think it is just a way of cheating tourists. Besteds!
Thanks Sixth Freedom i will keep my eye out for that ^
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Another option is the Airport Express bus service. Journey time is approx 35 mins from the airport to the central railway station. Fare 50 CZK, approx £1.80
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Another option is the Airport Express bus service. Journey time is approx 35 mins from the airport to the central railway station. Fare 50 CZK, approx £1.80
Thats a Fantastic idea and by god thats cheap!

Nice 1 Prospero ^
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
You should try a drink called Becherovka. It is very tasty.
available in the lounge should you fancy a tipple before the flight back to London
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
available in the lounge should you fancy a tipple before the flight back to London
Sweet! ^ This Trip is sounding good already
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hello Everyone
When I was there 20 years ago the cab fare worked out at less than $10. Of course we had to get behind the car and bump start the 10 year old Opel Senator. I loved Prague back then. Last time I went it had definitely changed for the worse from a tourist's point of view.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Off to Prague myself at the end of the month. If useing public transport you must validate your ticket, on buses there should be a little yellow box next to the doors in which you put your ticket to get stamped. Underground if i remember right you validate your ticket before reaching the platform. Oh if your carrying anything bigger than hand luggage you also have to buy a luggage ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.