Wiki Posts
Search

BA to under go rebranding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze
BA to under go rebranding

Cannot see that this has been posted anywhere....

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...go-rebranding/

I know there was a a number of internal briefing sessions this week about this, with the Brands and Sales teams.

Will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would have thought they would turn BA into a long haul airline and premium customers. Keep iberia as the short haul for Europe aimed against Easyjet.

They might do a Murdoch and rebrand BA without the Unions, that would help them out stop the silly games.

& I cant open your article, although it is on google news.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:54 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
They had a great branding from 1997-2002

Many thanks for the interesting links. a rebranding of BA wouldn´t be as sophisticated as many may think.

In my opinion they had an already perfect solution during the period of 1997-2002. They presented themselfes as world carrier with Britih influence.

The flag was in the background and many artists from all over the world designed different tails of the aircrafts. Have found some pictures:

http://paulrobertlloyd.com/_gfx/arti...a_tailfins.jpg

Or one example for the German subsidiary Deutsche BA:
http://www.planespotter.de/images/0000/0261h.jpg

And remember the great design of the BA executive club cards with Jennifer Kowylarz and the wave design (silver), the fingerprint design of Gold and the blue design.

Interesting article about that:
http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=h...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Hope you enjoy.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors, East Coast Mainline, Sheraton
Originally Posted by origin
I would have thought they would turn BA into a long haul airline and premium customers. Keep iberia as the short haul for Europe aimed against Easyjet.

They might do a Murdoch and rebrand BA without the Unions, that would help them out stop the silly games.

& I cant open your article, although it is on google news.
Good because it appears to be a virus.

BA and IB are two different carriers on one holding group on two seperate AOCs. It would make no sense for BA to hand the SH network over to IB. Ib is not really a strong brand in the UK.

I can actually see this as a minor brand refresh. I doubt we will see a new livery or any other huge brand change it will probably just be the small things. They have after all just went speedmarque crazy with their new cabin refresh so it probably has something to do with that.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Below is the original Marketing Magazine article and another with comments from KW:

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/s...rand-back-map/

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/n...omer-services/

From the articles, it seems to be a return to long absent brand based marketing rather than an complete rebrand (ie new logo, livery, positioning etc).
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird218
Cannot see that this has been posted anywhere....
http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...go-rebranding/
I know there was a a number of internal briefing sessions this week about this, with the Brands and Sales teams.
Will be interesting to see what comes of it.
i like this comment: Former BA global head of marketing Kerris Bright told Marketing magazine: “The campaign will put a great brand back on the map. It is important for the brand to connect with consumers.”

However Bright left BA earlier this month.

Lets hope it puts BA back on the map and not for the wrong reasons (cost cutting, strikes, delays, poor food quality, intermittent cabin service etc etc)
Old Apr 13, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A return to brand based marketing requires a great product to back up the great brand. Do BA really have that?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
A return to brand based marketing requires a great product to back up the great brand. Do BA really have that?
And long overdue it is too. It does concern me a little to see quotes like:

A BA spokeswoman said: ‘We are working on the relaunch of the BA brand, first internally with our staff, then later in the year as an ad campaign.’
As you say, the whole thing has to go together; a new ad campaign is not going to cut it on its own. There's no point in promoting something that you don't deliver, nor is there a lot of point over delivering if you've undersold the product and can't get the right revenues.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
b-a glöbâl

With apologies to Mrs. Kellaway
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
b-a glöbâl

With apologies to Mrs. Kellaway
LOL. Alas, that I could almost see..
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Personally, I think the livery of the aircraft is perfectly fine as it is, so I hope they do not change that.

Other stuff could do with a make over though. I know that World Traveller, as a brand proposition, is to be re-launched later this year.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: MUCCI, BAEC Silver, A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Personally, I think the livery of the aircraft is perfectly fine as it is, so I hope they do not change that.

Other stuff could do with a make over though. I know that World Traveller, as a brand proposition, is to be re-launched later this year.
I hope it is re-launched as a upgraded proposition, not taking away from it. Sadly I am staring down the barrel of 6-8 trips to LatAm next year in WT, although some trips will be to Colombia so will be on IB metal.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:32 am

How about BAEPTN "British Air Except for the Part That's Not."
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Very funny... Very funny...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.