Wiki Posts
Search

I dreamed a dream (of BA)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I dreamed a dream (of BA)

OK, so maybe this is really sad, but in recent weeks I've had two very distinct dreams that happened to feature my favourite airline...

The first simply involved being in NNCW on a return flight from the US - but what made the dream stand out was that it was a very unusual cabin configuration on board. But enough of that for now!

The other night I dreamt I was flying on the upper deck of some new BA bird - and when we landed, the upper deck automatically lifted up from the roof of the main deck and lowered to the ground at the back of the aircraft. We then simply walked out of the door and off to our car which was waiting on the tarmac.^ Whilst we were doing this we watched those on the main deck exiting the usual way and having to trundle off on a mile-hike through the terminal.

Maybe I've been dreaming of the future - it was certainly 747-based from how it looked - perhaps a 747-900... @:-)

Has BA featured in your dreams?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not about BA as such but I did once had a dream that I was at a BBQ hosted by dearest PUCCI.

Another flying dream I had (which I described in full in one of my TRs) involved my being in F and on finding out they had no champagne I woke up!

Last edited by Moomba; Apr 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Dreams or nightmares?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Dreams or nightmares?
That's the difference between one involving PUCCI and one involving HIDDY.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Moomba

Another flying dream I had (which I described in full in one of my TRs) involved my being in F and on finding out they had no champagne I woke up!
I hope for you and all of us who huge fans of your TR's that something like that never happens to you Moomba!
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Genius1
That's the difference between one involving PUCCI and one involving HIDDY.
Yes she is frightening, isn't she?

I had a nightmare once. Dreamt I was in a dormitory crammed with people....woke up in LH F and the nightmare continued.
Old May 29, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
I had a really bad, BA-related nightmare tonight.

I was going to travel OSL-LHR-ORD (I think), and was still at home 1 hour before departure, and hadn't even packed. I had actually forgotten that I was going on a trip - and with my travel habits (two or three trips a year, all for "pleasure"), that's something I never do!

The funny thing, was when I went to check MMB, and saw that I been automatically re-booked onto another OSL-LHR a month later, while I was still booked on LHR-ORD that day

I was actually kinda reliefed when I woke up, and discovered that I was not gonna fly BA today
Old May 29, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Dreamt I was in a dormitory crammed with people....woke up in LH F and the nightmare continued.
Surely you mean a 4-class BA 777 in CW?
Old May 29, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747_not_777
Nope!
Old May 29, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Dreamt I was in a dormitory crammed with people
I quite liked being in a dorm at school. We had some good fun. The banter, the arguments, the fights. Good times...
Old May 29, 2011, 10:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Had a dream last night involving BA, flights and space...I was watching some classic SF movies yesterday and can only assume it was from that combined with the recent threads on Concorde with displays showing 54k ft ASL (along with a wish that BA truly 'polish' Gold)!

Was along the lines of...instead of bringing the great plane back...let's move forward with a BA ship that can go into the upper Stratosphere or even lower Mesosphere taking the next leap forward for the upcoming 40 years.

'BA Space' BAEC level is something I would work unerringly toward achieving and use all my pay, miles, house, etc...towards
Old May 8, 2012, 2:24 am
Ambassador

Last night I dreamt that I was returning from TXL and trying to upgrade to CE. As I was about to pay (£237 if anyone's interested - I'll add that to the POUG thread ) I realised I was six months early for my flight.

For some reason Reggie Yates seemed to have joined BA's TXL team.

If that wasn't bad enough, a couple of nights ago I suddenly woke up thinking I had forgotten to fasten my seat belt over the duvet.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:30 am

I dreamed about Jenny Aguter (around Weirwolf in London vintage) last night. She was standing in front of me, smiling seductively dressed in a skimpy number. Then she said "Get real fat boy" and I woke up.

Oh well.
Old May 8, 2012, 7:02 am

I had the this discussion a while ago, with other colleagues. Flying dreams are, unsurprisingly, common amongst crew with the main themes seeming to be turning up at the airport with no luggage or uniform, being unable to find or get to the aircraft and taxiing up and down roads and around round-abouts. It appears I'm also not alone in being told to get off the aircraft before the end of the flight - in one case, I was given a basket and told to gather nuts and berries while the aircraft flew really slowly in front of me. It's not easy keeping up with the aircraft whilst trying to pick berries, I can tell you!
Old May 8, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JetSet Lady
I had the this discussion a while ago, with other colleagues. Flying dreams are, unsurprisingly, common amongst crew with the main themes seeming to be turning up at the airport with no luggage or uniform, being unable to find or get to the aircraft and taxiing up and down roads and around round-abouts.
Can you clarify whether you mean you did not pack your uniform, or whether you forgot to dress completely?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.