Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: RT PHL>DEL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Advice: RT PHL>DEL

I am planning a trip, dates not specific, times flexible. I want to go from Philadelphia to Delhi and return. I want FC or Envoy. What do you suggest as my best/nicest/most comfortable options? I have no idea the best seasons to travel there, but want to see the Taj which is on my 'Bucket List'.Never been to India and would like to experience some of it. (Hotel recommendations also welcome!)
I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Well I will start..

You want FC or Envoy.. that is like saying I want Bently or a Town Car. What can you pay for?

The seasons don't matter? So are you happy in the warm or the dam hot or it pissing it down with rain?

As a PHL regular I know the route very well.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA, UA
October to April, avoiding December and January, would be my preferences.

Oberoi usually difficult to beat and sometimes have offers on staying at multiple properties - Delhi and Agra plus maybe one other. Obviously Jaipur would complete the "Golden Triangle".

We usually stay at The Imperial in Delhi. Just personal preference.

Good value hotels often difficult to find in Delhi, although the market is growing.

Aside from that, would need a more information to provide advice!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to mention I am using miles. I mentioned Envoy/Business since I didn't think BA had FC on the Philly>LHR flights.
I am traveling alone, will plan on using drivers/guides and I have some mobility issues, walking with a stick. I am interested in a hotel that reflects the culture. I don't want a hotel that will look the same in NYC. Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by JanePond
Forgot to mention I am using miles. I mentioned Envoy/Business since I didn't think BA had FC on the Philly>LHR flights.
I am traveling alone, will plan on using drivers/guides and I have some mobility issues, walking with a stick. I am interested in a hotel that reflects the culture. I don't want a hotel that will look the same in NYC. Thanks.
BA does currently offer F to/from PHL on one of the 2 daily flights (BA67 from LHR operated by the 777).
Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:14 pm

If you want to see the Taj and stay in Agra - which I would, but only for one, maybe two nights at a push - the Oberoi is the best option. By far. It will give you enough of the "culture".

Delhi... Hmmm... Dunno.

Jaipur would give you more options for "culture". A lot of ex-palaces have been converted into hotels and the like in Rajasthan.

And if you have any mobility issues, you really do not want to be going to northern India in the months from May to September.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Are some flights better than others ? service/equipment-wise? How about partners?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:42 am

Are some flights better than others ? service/equipment-wise? How about partners?
Dunno about PHL-LON, but on LHR-DEL the 143 is currently 777 (with NF I believe), the 257 is a 747.

In terms of partners, 9W is well worth a look. Personally, from LHR I would go out BA F, back 9W, although I think 9W still put an A330 on the route in the summer, which doesn't have F, but is frankly good enough for me to still choose it over BA F coming back.

You could also think about the 9W option from the US via (I think) BRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.