Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Curious things happening if PNR contains AA sector

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curious things happening if PNR contains AA sector

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I once sat so far back in a DC9-30 (I think) that the window was blanked out as it was next to the engine!!!!

To be honest, I don't think it caused me any lasting problems...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just an update for everyone. I was curious as to why I could not upgrade with cash in MMB, for my BA LAS-LHR sector. Well, I phoned up Bremen and they told me I probably would be able to upgrade but both WT+ and the whole of J were showing as completely full. Hence, no upgrades to the next cabin possible right now.

Of course I don't know if the cabins are in fact completely full of if some seats are simply held, but it makes sense that it's full since it's the day after a big trade show finishes.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quick update - my new seat assignment stuck for the AA sector but I was unable to allocate myself a seat on BA. As a blue I couldn't pre-assign a seat and trying to check in online forced me through to the aa site.

Anyway, it selected me a window seat automatically which I guess is an OK outcome.

Tony
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And it gets better - check in agent at airport tells me if I'm making an AA->BA connection (issued on BA stock I assume), I should avoid checking in online as it then makes it very difficult for AA to alter the ticket in case of irrops...

Interestingly, they printed my BPs out on old ATB stock...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by polar_b
I go LAS-LHR every year and this year I thought I would shake things up a little. I therefore booked LHR-DFW-LAS (AA) and LAS-LHR. All booked on ba.com.
VERY IMPORTANT: are the AA segments marketed by AA (AA flight numbers) or are they BA codeshares? Systems (Amadeus, Sabre) handle these differently.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by FenLandK

The only way I could find the hidden AA locator was to become an AAdvantage member. Once you have done this you can use the expanded search criteria on aa.com to find the flights via first name, last name, carrier, date and flight number. These don't appear to be available to you unless you have an AAdvantage number. The AA locator will NOT show up on checkmytrip. I believe that this is because it is embedded within the BA record.
FenLandK - I have just had cause to use your very useful piece of advice detailed above. It worked perfectly for me. Thank you. ^
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Glad it worked for you PtF!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.