Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I may be late with this but 50% off Club Europe Hoildays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Apologies I may be a bit late with this one as the email came along this morning but a 50% off deal on Club Europe... Is it allowed to post the link?

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t=BBBB5Q6MBBQ1
Old Feb 28, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Nice one, thank you.

£249 pp to Venice on Club and 2 nights in hotel included? It is very good^
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
News to me but nicely timed as I was going to look for CE tickets anyway. Very short sale period - effectively 2 days.
BA site keeps freezing on me. Are all BAEC members trying to book their tickets at the moment - despite the late hour?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn
News to me but nicely timed as I was going to look for CE tickets anyway. Very short sale period - effectively 2 days.
BA site keeps freezing on me. Are all BAEC members trying to book their tickets at the moment - despite the late hour?
Have the same problem...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
3 tickets done. Will have to wait till tomorrow morning to consult the other half on more tickets. Just have to hang around for awhile until the system frees up.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Same here, although I did manage one quote and couldn't believe that by adding gla - Venice, it would be an extra £500 for the 2 of us.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by mike&co
Same here, although I did manage one quote and couldn't believe that by adding gla - Venice, it would be an extra £500 for the 2 of us.
Assume this is because the sale is only for CE. If you book a connecting domestic flight to a premium onward flight it will book as Business UK earning 20 TP's hence the higher price. If you are not bothered about the TP's or the safety of your connections (delayed flights) then you may find it cheaper to book the domestic flights on a cheapo fare type separately.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Can anyone see what the travel period is for these offers?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Got one booked, but flights are only offered on one date out, and one date back, right ?
Yet strangely MMB says flight dates are flexible (no refunds of course).
Am missing a trick on the travel dates being offered ?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm not sure if the AA offer of a free CE upgrade is part of this sale or not
http://www.aagetaways.co.uk/free-flights-upgrade
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by 'andad
Got one booked, but flights are only offered on one date out, and one date back, right ?
Yet strangely MMB says flight dates are flexible (no refunds of course).
Am missing a trick on the travel dates being offered ?
Clicking the link on the offer page brings up a default date but you can change both dates on the left of the screen and search again.

Not clear what the travel dates are - I've played with the dates a bit and got up to September with no effect on the price of the trip!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Assume this is because the sale is only for CE. If you book a connecting domestic flight to a premium onward flight it will book as Business UK earning 20 TP's hence the higher price. If you are not bothered about the TP's or the safety of your connections (delayed flights) then you may find it cheaper to book the domestic flights on a cheapo fare type separately.
appreciated, makes sense now...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Can anyone see what the travel period is for these offers?
Here there are. There is a mistake, as they say economy flights on the Club Europe sector.

Example:

50% off Club Europe. £249 price includes return economy flights from London Gatwick to Venice staying for 2 nights at the 3* Alee Torri hotel including Room Only board basis, valid for selected travel dates from 18 Mar-30 Apr 11

Last edited by potakas; Mar 1, 2011 at 8:36 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I just called BAEC trying to get a ex-GLA quote for less than 1300 to Venice proving impossible... they said to book the domestic leg on a cheap fare as you suggested but that I'd need to collect & recheck any bags in London for the onward flights... so... is there any way to check the bags all the way through and what's the minimum connection time everyone would suggest if I do indeed have to collect & recheck the bags?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by speccy
I just called BAEC trying to get a ex-GLA quote for less than 1300 to Venice proving impossible... they said to book the domestic leg on a cheap fare as you suggested but that I'd need to collect & recheck any bags in London for the onward flights... so... is there any way to check the bags all the way through and what's the minimum connection time everyone would suggest if I do indeed have to collect & recheck the bags?
Hi,

If it is BA to BA then you can through check your luggage even on separate tickets ( unless it is arriving at LHR and leaving from LGW when you have to collect your bags regardless).

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.