Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Honeymoon

I shall shortly be using my BA shareholder status to book flights for my daughter and future son-in law for flights to Los Angeles and Las Vegas. How is it best to notify BA of their honeymoon?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:27 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by botham
I shall shortly be using my BA shareholder status to book flights for my daughter and future son-in law for flights to Los Angeles and Las Vegas. How is it best to notify BA of their honeymoon?
Why would you want to notify BA? And why would BA be interested?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I thought the shareholder needed to be part of the travelling party?
That aside, once you have made the booking, you could just call BA with their PNR.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:36 am

Programs: my wings are gold
Smile

Perhaps he wants them to have FREE upgrades !!!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOH
You mean BA don't do wedding presents to shareholders immediate family anymore?? Four years ago you used to get LV matching his 'n' hers's luggage, never flying BA again.....

To the op - once you have a PNR maybe call BA and see if you can buy a bottle of champagne for the happy couple (assuming they aren't in J+). If they have hopes of an upgrade you might want to dampen those
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
I'm looking forward to botham's response....
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I thought the shareholder needed to be part of the travelling party?
That aside, once you have made the booking, you could just call BA with their PNR.
Absolutely right - the terms and conditions are very clear on this, and I enclose an extract below:
2. Subject to these terms and conditions, the Member is entitled, with up to eight additional travel companions on the same booking and paying at the same time, to a discount of 10 per cent on any BA published fare for leisure travel only (the ‘Shareholder Discount’). This discount applies to flight only and cannot be used when combined with a package (e.g. hotel, car hire, excursion or car parking). The Member and any travelling companions on the booking must travel together on all flights throughout the journey and have the same booking reference i.e. booked on the same booking.

If you were talking about getting something for nothing I'd refer you to the current thread Down with these saddo upgrade hustlers
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:52 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
I'm looking forward to botham's response....
So am I - but am only curious as to the OP's expectations regarding the honeymoon aspect - that's all

Originally Posted by LondonAndy

If you were talking about getting something for nothing I'd refer you to the current thread Down with these saddo upgrade hustlers
Great minds think alike ^
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Absolutely right - the terms and conditions are very clear on this, and I enclose an extract below:
2. Subject to these terms and conditions, the Member is entitled, with up to eight additional travel companions on the same booking and paying at the same time, to a discount of 10 per cent on any BA published fare for leisure travel only (the ‘Shareholder Discount’). This discount applies to flight only and cannot be used when combined with a package (e.g. hotel, car hire, excursion or car parking). The Member and any travelling companions on the booking must travel together on all flights throughout the journey and have the same booking reference i.e. booked on the same booking.
Thanks, I thought that was the case.

In that case, if I were the OP, there is absolutely no way I would book the honeymoon using my shareholder discount, even if the transaction goes through successfully, because there is no way I would risk disrupting their honeymoon by breaching the T&C. Can you imagine the tickets being invalidated just as they were about to leave for their honeymoon?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: BA bronze
Slight OT.

When I used to work in T4, BA used to handle Air Lanka. It was the one flight, where maybe 30/40 % of pax were on honey moon.

So you can imagine checking pax in, and time and time again been asked "Any chance of an upgrade, we are on honeymoon?".

Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:14 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
There are around a quarter of a million weddings in the UK each year. So that means that roughly half a million people go on some sort of honeymoon. Given BA's long-haul network it must have a pretty good share of this market (of course not everyone goes long-haul, or even overseas). So BA must transport tens of thousands of honeymooners each year.

If they are in economy and manage to subtly mention to the crew they might be lucky and get a glass of champagne, but I think that's about it. I think the chances of a free upgrade are about the same as anyone else with the same status.

If they want a J or F experience it's best to pay for it. When I got married we didn't have much spare cash, we flew economy (we hadn't flown anything other than economy at that time) and we had a great time.

I would urge the OP not to create even a hint of an expectation of anything special here, otherwise they will most likely end up disappointed.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
How is it best to notify BA of their honeymoon?
Through ba.com/welldone after they had a fantastic honeymoon and to compliment the crew providing excellent service in the class they were booked in.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Recently I was on EK 380 and in the upper deck there was me and another young couple, they were honeymooners on their way to the Maldives. The crew went out of their way, they provided them with a bottle of champagne in their compartment, a whole cake. Took pictures of them and threw rose petals on their beds.... It was really a wonderful jestet that I hope this young couple will never forget.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
"Alas, poor Botham, we knew him well."

Mind you, it's a good job he posted that, as the responses may well have saved him dropping into the doggy-doos.

Now ... I'll be flying on our wedding anniversary. Should I mention that at check-in?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by T8191
Now ... I'll be flying on our wedding anniversary. Should I mention that at check-in?
Yes. That and the fact that you are retired maybe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.