Wiki Posts
Search

Stop over on CX award ticket.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Stop over on CX award ticket.

I would like to get a one way CX award ticket using BA miles.

The route is JFK->HKG(stop over) -> TPE.

Is the stop over allowed on a one way award ticket. It looks like I can't book such an award online because of the stopover. This is quite a bargain at 25k miles.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 5:56 pm

You can certainly do a stopover in HKG for this route.

I don't remember if the online system can do proper stopover pricing. However, you can always call BAEC to do the booking. Make sure you mention that you couldn't do this online, and they should waive the phone booking fee for you.

If I were you, I will look into doing a business award at 50K one way, which is truly a steal for such a route.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes to a stopover no to doing it online.

You will have to get a kind agent to avoid paying the fee though....as it's not a normal online booking function when using partners.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Thanks. I agree 50k is quite a steal.

Originally Posted by ckpeter
You can certainly do a stopover in HKG for this route.

I don't remember if the online system can do proper stopover pricing. However, you can always call BAEC to do the booking. Make sure you mention that you couldn't do this online, and they should waive the phone booking fee for you.

If I were you, I will look into doing a business award at 50K one way, which is truly a steal for such a route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.