Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Holiday 2011....Where is British Airways taking you this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Booked this years holiday yet?

Where are you going? Where are you staying? What will you be doing once you get there?

As usual Mrs HIDDY is rather tied up so it looks as if our WT+ tickets to LHR booked for June will be getting changed.
We are planning to have several days in the UK (shopping) followed by a visit to Portugal with a few days over the border in Galicia to visit some relations. Never been to Lisbon or Oporto or Portugal for that matter so I am looking forward to it. Probably will fly home with TAP from LIS or back to LHR and routing to EZE via the USA. Although all that could and will most likely change.......it all depends on the boss.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
BA is taking me:

LCY-JFK and then home BOS-LHR in October.

2 weeks in the north east of the US, starting with 3 nights in New York, 3 night in Provincetown, 2 nights in Portsmouth, 2 nights in Portland, 2 nights in Meredith and 3 nights in Boston.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Strikes permitting, I shall be heading to Capetown for ten days or so in February (in fact, in fourteen days time I should be on the BA55), and to Buenos Airies (hello HIDDY!) and Uruguay for two weeks in March.

Oh, and in a patriotic gesture, I shall be jetting off to Berlin to avoid the Royal Wedding nonsense.

More to follow later in the year, I expect.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Also strikes dependant, but St Lucia over Easter is looming large. Other than that nothing planned.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
A week in the Maldives in 4 weeks and counting. Fortunately ex LGW so should be relatively safe from strikes and the rougher service edges.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Just got home from my first holiday this year, flying BA OSL-LHR-LAX and back (plus some domestic flights on AA and AS, to take me to my actual destination, which was SEA).

Currently planning a weekend in June, which will include OSL-LHR-OSL in CE, and hopefully another US trip in September.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
LCY-JFK for me, 4 nights in NYC, and looking forward to seeing Spiderman. Staying at the Intercontinental TS, looks lovely.

Oh, and a quick trip to Vienna in a few weeks, at the Sofitel. Seeing a friend and some sight seeing.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Boring, boring, boring ... but not for us.

1. Apr/May = Northern Virginia/"Greater DC".
2. Sep/Oct = Northern Virginia/"Greater DC".
Doing the usual stuff ... eat and drink with friends, much shopping, a few Museums and CW Battlefields, scenic drives, eat and drink, more shopping ... that sort of thing. It's more a case of 'living there' for a while, than what some people would call a holiday.

3. A possible European long weekend.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold,HHilton Diamond VIP,Intercontinental Ambass,Amex
we're boring boring boring.

LA in May to meet my parents off a cruise

Mini trip to Morocco or Egypt for a few days

Lake Como, Italy in August for our wedding anniversary (all very mushy and loved up - puke puke!!)

Barbados sometime in October to prepare ourselves for the exhausting trip to .............

....Antigua for Christmas and New year

I don't know how i'll cope, really I don't....I mean all that stress of packing and unpacking and suncream and tan lines....I mean really, who am I ...superwoman????
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: BA
We have enough miles and a pending 2-4-1 for a holiday in First somewhere........ Guess it all depends on availability!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
We're heading off to Mauritius in CW (redemption) in July, staying 18 days. Never been there before so can't wait!

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
BA's taking the girlfriend and me from LHR to ORD, then UA* is taking us to MSY for a few days before Mardi Gras. We're in Amtrak's capable hands for the trip back to Chicago, and spending a few chilly days there before heading back to London.

Thanks to various hints & tips I've picked up from lurking on FT, I'd scraped together enough enough miles - generally not from flying - to MFU to CW for the return trip, which'll be a first for us, and I'm quite excited by the prospect.

The outbound will be a bit of a test of endurance, though - I'll be finishing a night shift, heading straight to Heathrow, and not see a bed for something like 36 hours. Hopefully the adrenaline (or failing that, gin) will keep me going.

* I'm still kicking myself for not booking the AA flight, which, amongst other things, is now better-timed. I went with UA because (at the time of booking) I was BMI silver, but that's since lapsed, so I won't even get the free luggage allowance. At least the 6 hour stopover will give us plenty of time to collect the bags and re-check them.

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Sous-vetements civilises, BAEC Gold
Lima/Rapa Nui/Arequipa for 3 weeks from next Thursday. Back to the UK for Easter with my aged mum (and in August for her birthday + Christmas DV). Hoping to get down to Southern Hiddy-land in the winter.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
Not that anyone "really" cares, but mine as follows

March - Dubai - Club World
July - Cyprus - Euro Traveller
Sept - Miami/Florida - First

All BA. What loyalty - I'm with BA strikes or not.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
HKG in BA F in late March/early April, likely staying at the IC Grand Stanford (sort of work-related, so not really a 'holiday' as such).

And probably a summer holiday somewhere... yet to be decided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.